Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter Template Website - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse

Read before posting: Guides on Web Projects

Below are two short guides you need to read before posting projects or applying for projects.

A Guide for Developers
A Guide for Buyers
See more
See less

Template Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template Website

Hi everyone,

I am currently looking at the idea of setting up an online store that sells website templates.

I will be doing this alongside a friend, but obviously, we want to get more than just a handful of templates on the site, so if anyone is interested in working alongside us, then contact me on msn at: [email protected]

Payment would be on a per use, rather than upfront, so if you make a good template, then you could make alot of money, as they be able to sell again and again.

If you cannot code, then dont worry, as i am also looking at having myself and a few of my friends that can code to lend a hand. Obviously you would lose a percentage of the total selling price, but you dont have to pay up straight away, incase they dont sell.

Thankyou for your time

Reaper

I thought of this, but look at this. Do you have any idea that could compete with TemplateMonster? Also take a look at this. There are tons of web sites like this that has thousands of templates.

Gooooogle it, how you are going to get on the first page? I would email you if payment would be upfront, but % is not good enough since I am not sure if your web site will be popular. Think about % payment as an investment, you invest your time and you have no guarantee that it will be sold at least once.

Besides do you have a web site already? Good CMS for a eStore will take some investment or a person who would invest his time in it, but again from my experience 95% of businesses fail in first year.

This is not to turn you away or anything, but its something to think about.
    Best regards and good luck.
    Validate CSS
    Try it
    Learn CSS
    ColorPicker
    Validate

Comment

I understand that there is competition, i make no attempt to hide that, and i also understand that some people would like payment upfront. But i have found, that as a webdesigner (just about to launch my own company) i am often creating multiple designs for clients, they pick their favourite, and then im left with 3 or 4 PSD's that are seemingly useless.

to turn these into a fully coded template, would take me perhaps 2 - 3 hours, so that is what i am doign when i get a little bit of spare time. I also recognise that not everyone is finding it easy to find work, so it is a way they could possibly earn a little bit of spare money on the side.

As for the store itself, i am looking at implementing an e-commerce solution that will handle most of the extra work of adding new things, as well as automatically emailing the code to the customer, when it is bought, saving the person running the store that extra work.

Reaper

Comment

I am as a web designer were searching for web sites like you are working on, so I can sell my templates that is not in use.

Here is what I found:
        TEMPLATEMATIC
        SuCasa

I'll let you know if I will have couple templates for sale.

Best Regards.
        Validate CSS
        Try it
        Learn CSS
        ColorPicker
        Validate

Comment

What would be a better idea, aswell as submitting "verified" designs created by your team, you could add a merchant section so that web designers can submit their own designs, set their own prices and then you just shave a comission from their design fee.

Comment

My professional opinion is that this would be a hard market to break into like this. To do it would require a full business plan and investment, because the competition is fierce.
            jeremy - gnomeontherun
            Educated questions often get educated answers, and simple questions often get simple answers.

Comment

Working...
            X