YouTube-to-MP3 conversion - PHP class and script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gioware View Post
    is it possible (in theory) to somehow cache youtube thumbnails, instead of loading them directly from youtube?
    It is certainly "possible", but why do you want to cache thumbnail images? To reduce the number of requests to YouTube? To save bandwidth? Some other reason? I think I could advise you better if understood your ultimate goal.

Originally posted by Gioware View Post
    is it possible to create sitemap.xml from top youtube videos?
    The YouTube Media Converter automatically generates sitemaps here that contain links to "Top Videos" for each country included in Config.php.

Regards, R.J.

---------------------------------------------------------

Help spread the word! Like our YouTube-to-Mp3 Conversion Script on Facebook !! :-)
    [Instructional videos and tutorials are also available on YouTube, Dailymotion, and Vimeo]
    Explore all products and services, view demos, review documentation, check prices, and more!
    ♪♪ …Need Web Hosting For Our YouTube-To-Mp3 Conversion Software? Check Here !!… ♪♪

Comment

• It is certainly "possible", but why do you want to cache thumbnail images? To reduce the number of requests to YouTube? To save bandwidth? Some other reason? I think I could advise you better if understood your ultimate goal.

Ultimate goal would be page load speed. I tried to optimize and move things here and there but can't do much about thumbs.

The YouTube Media Converter automatically generates sitemaps here that contain links to "Top Videos" for each country included in Config.php.
      Ooooooooh thanks. This is great news. I have no idea how I missed that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gioware View Post
        Ultimate goal would be page load speed. I tried to optimize and move things here and there but can't do much about thumbs.
        In my opinion, this is an unnecessary (SEO) optimization.

If you check the list of requests in the Google Chrome Dev Tools "Network" tab, then you'll see that these thumbnail images take between ~60-140 milliseconds each to initially load. That's approximately 1/10 of a second each, multiplied by the initial number of videos per page. (E.g., if you have the default 5 videos, then the total load time is about 1/2 of a second, more or less.)

After the first page load, the images are cached in your browser, and the load time for each image drops to about 1-4 milliseconds each.

Moreover, keep in mind that images are page elements that generally take the longest to load.

So, again, in my opinion, this is easily the least of your concerns in terms of page load speed.
        Regards, R.J.

Help spread the word! Like our YouTube-to-Mp3 Conversion Script on Facebook !! :-)
        [Instructional videos and tutorials are also available on YouTube, Dailymotion, and Vimeo]
        Explore all products and services, view demos, review documentation, check prices, and more!
        ♪♪ …Need Web Hosting For Our YouTube-To-Mp3 Conversion Software? Check Here !!… ♪♪

Comment

• Hello, can it be that YouTube has changed something again.
          I keep getting the error message: Error downloading remote file!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontra View Post
            Hello, can it be that YouTube has changed something again.
            I keep getting the error message: Error downloading remote file!
            Hi there,

My apologies for the delayed response.

When you see an error like this on your site, you should immediately check the demo site to see if the issue can be reproduced there.

At this time, I am not seeing any issue with YouTube downloads on the demo site.

What version of the software are you using?

(FYI - You can also create a support request ticket for this issue by sending an email to support {[at]} mp3youtu {[dot]} be .)

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you!
            Regards, R.J.

Comment

• Hello,
              there will be a new version soon, with the demo version you can download Twitter video without any problems.
              When I test this on my website, I always get an error message.
              Error downloading remote file!

greeting

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontra View Post
                Hello,
                there will be a new version soon, with the demo version you can download Twitter video without any problems.
                When I test this on my website, I always get an error message.
                Error downloading remote file!

greeting
                Hello,

Yes, the demo is being updated in advance of a new software version that will be officially released soon.

In the meantime, if you need the updated Twitter "extractor" file, please open a new ticket (by sending an email to support {[at]} mp3youtu {[dot]} be), and I am happy to provide the new code via your open ticket.

Thank you!
                Regards, R.J.

Comment

• New Version!

Hello everyone,

I have just finished updating the YouTube-to-Mp3 (and more!) Converter software. New in this version:
                  1. Updated and improved the SoundCloud, Twitter, Facebook, VK, AOL, RedTube, and YouTube extractors
                    • SoundCloud extraction was repaired, and the infamous SoundCloud "client id" value now automatically updates when the current id is revoked
                    • Facebook thumbnail images now display correctly, and extraction from one Facebook URL format was repaired
                    • Twitter, AOL, and RedTube extraction was repaired
                  2. Fixed "wildcard" pattern (used to validate URLs from some supported sites) to accommodate PHP 7.3+
                  3. Various (minor) bug fixes and refactoring of code.

The following files were updated/added:
                  1. /docs/CHANGELOG.txt updated! *
                  2. /extractors/AOL.php updated! *
                  3. /extractors/Extractor.php updated! *
                  4. /extractors/Facebook.php updated! *
                  5. /extractors/RedTube.php updated! *
                  6. /extractors/SoundCloud.php updated! *
                  7. /extractors/Twitter.php updated! *
                  8. /extractors/VK.php updated! *
                  9. /extractors/YouTube.php updated! *
                  10. /inc/index_header.php updated! *
                  11. Config.class.php updated! *
                  12. VideoConverter.class.php updated! *

* Use a file comparison utility like WinMerge to see line-by-line illustration of code changes (between previous and current versions).
                  ** Delete all existing files in this directory and replace with the new files.

If you purchased the software via Tradebit.com, Tinypass.com, or Sendowl.com, then you will be e-mailed a link to download the new version for free!.

If you create a new language file for the software, please donate the file to the code base so that others can benefit from your translations! Simply send me a copy of your updated index.xml file as well as your new *.xml translation file, and I will add it to the software in a future release!

Custom templates and "extras" are available!! Please contact me for more information!

Please report any issues with either the paid-for version or the free version in this forum thread. Your feedback is encouraged. Donations are welcome!

Thank you!

Regards, R.J.

Comment

• Is anyone else getting hit by DMCA like crazy? For last month I receive about 4-5 takedown notices daily from Google, with 3-4 links in each

Comment

Working...
                    X