Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ECHO in ... on line 116 - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ECHO in ... on line 116

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ECHO in ... on line 116

Line 116 is...

PHP Code:
    <p>Name:  <input type="text" name="name" value="<?php echo (isset($_POST['name'])) ? $_POST['name'] : echo $row['VendorName'?>" /></p>
    I've tried several different things after googling and visiting php.net - but they lead to "?" errors and of course another error that I can't think of

if you need more code just lemme know - got a whole page of it *chuckles*

if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated

Try
    PHP Code:
    <p>Name:  <input type="text" name="name" value="<?php echo (isset($_POST['name'])) ? $_POST['name'] : $row['VendorName']; ?>" /></p>
    If that doesn't work, we need to see the rest of your code.
    ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

Comment

grrrr...once again I knew it was something easy

while it got rid of the error, the textbox remains empty...I'm wondering

does this form need to be echo'd inside of the <php> tags? afterall if it's outside of the tags then it can't read from the query right?

Comment

Any php on the page goes together so yes it can read the query. You should echo that row by itself to see what is returned. You should echo $_POST['name'] as well. The way the ternary operator works is like this
        PHP Code:
        (if this is true) ? do this : else do this
        ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

Comment

I echoed $row['VendorName'] and you know what it came up with? zip zilch nada...hmmm

ok well I think now I have a place to start...if not it's gonna have to wait until tomorrow - been on this page for 12 hours but unlike most days when I sit here like this - I've gotten quite alot accomplished *chuckles*

thanks aero!!

Comment

Check the scope of $row, make sure it's accessible from where you are echo'ing.

Good luck;
            -Brando
            Why using tables for eating is stupid!

Comment

Working...
            X