Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP Classes

Hi guys,

I remember seeing ages ago a method that would print the contents of a class to the screen with the field names and there current values. Or it could have been for arrays not sure tho. Does anyone know what it is?

I don't know anything for classes, but you may of been thinking of print_r() for arrays.

Comment

I think that was it, probably arrays i was think of

Comment

var_dump() prints object properties as array indexes.
        I'm not sure if this was any help, but I hope it didn't make you stupider.

Experience is something you get just after you really need it.
        PHP Installation Guide Feedback welcome.

Comment

Couple other handy functions. But they wont allow you to access "current var values".

PHP Code:
          $obj = new obj();

print_r(get_class_methods($obj));
          print_r(get_class_properties($obj)); 
          Active PHP/MySQL application developer available for immediate work.
          syosoft.com mavieo.com - Remote Web Site Administration Suite - Reseller Ready

Comment

I don't believe var_dump will print out PHP 5 properties for private members. I'm still learning PHP 5 and the new object model (though so far I love it!) so I've not actually tried it, but if you're working with PHP 5 then I think the correct way would be to implement a __toString() method in your class.

Comment

... believe it or not but it will...
              I'm not sure if this was any help, but I hope it didn't make you stupider.

Experience is something you get just after you really need it.
              PHP Installation Guide Feedback welcome.

Comment

I only wanted this to look inside a class when an error occurs and record in an error log. I have decided to use the Exception class and just print a stack trace into my log. But on my travels i came across this. It appears to do exactly what i was after in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                X