Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter Does double + always reads as string concatention in Php? - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does double + always reads as string concatention in Php?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does double + always reads as string concatention in Php?

I've encountered a problem. Im making a program for e-lib catalogue.
    My programs goes like querying the title, author of a book.

ex. File structures : an object-oriented approach with C++

It actually displays the data that I want to display but, When I'm going to click the said
    title " File structures : an object-oriented approach with C++" to view the details of this book. the php would read the phrase C++ into C_ _ meaning it was being concatenated becuse of the double +.

My problem how could i solve this.

heres my program.

$query=""

result
    while statement
    {
    echo '
    <tr>
    <td bgcolor="'.$kol.'">'.$row[num].'</td>
    <td bgcolor="'.$kol.'">'.$name.'</td>
    <td bgcolor="'.$kol.'">';
    echo '<div id="menux">
    <A href="'; echo $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]; echo '?click='.$title.'&author='.$row[lname].'">'.$title.'</a></div></td>';
    echo '<td bgcolor="'.$kol.'">'.$row[year].'</td></tr>';
    }

if(isset($_GET['click']))
    {
    $pasanimo=$_GET['click'];
    $toink=$_GET['author'];

}

the title must be the same , but php assumes that it was concatenation symbol

pls any idea.

Ur problem is not actually with php...it has to do with the url encoding if im right. try encoding the title variable before u put it into the a reference tag. as in somthing like this:
    PHP Code:
    $title urlencode($title);
    //...other things
    echo '<div id="menux"><A href="';
    echo 
    $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"];
    echo 
    '?click='.$title.'&author='.$row[lname].'">'.$title.'</a></div></td>';
    echo 
    '<td bgcolor="'.$kol.'">'.$row[year].'</td></tr>';
    //... 
    then from where u will be getting the result, u can as well decode it back -
    PHP Code:
    $title urldecode($_GET['click']); 

Comment

the ++ operator doesn't concatinate anyway...

why do you need to pass the title and author? normally, you'd past the primary key value for that book and do a new lookup (if necessary) on the targetted page to get the title and author. you are setting yourself open to all sort of security-issues by passing strings throught the url...

look at how for instance this forum works: it wountpass the thread or posttitle in the querystring, it will just pass the PK value for the respective table...
      Posting guidelines I use to see if I will spend time to answer your question : http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Comment

Working...
      X