Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hiding html tags

hi,

iam building a php/mysql content management system.i want to store css template in mysqldb.when i retrieve it from db it becomes web-page.up to this i know.

what i want to know is when i retrieve the content from db in to some textareas for updations the html css tags should be hidden but not ignored,only text should be displayed in textareas.so that any client who does not know php can update the content.please guide me how to do it.

thanks
    mrjameer

are you stro all page content in db?
    Free php image upload script
    Personal web developing blog

Comment

hiding html tags

i want to build a cms,in such a manner that the client who dont know php can update the content( can change text of left navbar,right navbar,center content by entering his own choice in a form of admin control panel) and upload images(banners,ads) etc...how to do it.whether i have to store css,html in db or i create a separate .css file and implement it in php script.guide me which one i approach.if i store the css in db and retrieve the css,html divs in textarea from db,for updations the html tags should be hided but not ignored and display the 'text' only in textareas.so that he can delete or update those text..

thanks
      mrjameer

Comment

i had that problem when displaying textareas. i belive that if you add
        PHP Code:
        <p
        before the variable you're echoing, it will take the tag away.

Comment

Originally posted by mrjameer View Post
          i want to build a cms,in such a manner that the client who dont know php can update the content( can change text of left navbar,right navbar,center content by entering his own choice in a form of admin control panel) and upload images(banners,ads) etc...how to do it.whether i have to store css,html in db or i create a separate .css file and implement it in php script.guide me which one i approach.if i store the css in db and retrieve the css,html divs in textarea from db,for updations the html tags should be hided but not ignored and display the 'text' only in textareas.so that he can delete or update those text..

thanks
          mrjameer
          create a 'template' or a series of them and store them on your server. in the places where you would put specific content or a 'style' setting place a php variable.

store the 'style settings' on the DB as well as the content if you like.

when the user logs in simply call the file that collects the information and sets the variables.

for another approach you could also set up style rules. only give specific options for each area then store id's of the options selected. this will save db space, server space, ect.. store the 'definitions' locally and determine which to choose from the id values in the db. (i.e. via a switch statement)
          public string ConjunctionJunction(string words, string phrases, string clauses)
          {
          return (String)(words + phrases + clauses);
          }
          <--- Was I Helpfull? Let me know ---<

Comment

Working...
          X