PHP Instead of Iframe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP Instead of Iframe?

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but here goes.

Anyway I like to build my web site all in CSS and what I call "one page wonders" in which there is no scrolling of content and coded in such a way that even tho there are other pages it looks like you never leave the page your one. All in same position etc.. I like it, its looks clean but I want to take it a step further.

Right now I am working on a site and I have an area off to the side that is where text is going to go. Now what I want to be able to do is whenever a link is click on the nav the text changes. I have been looking around for an alternative to iframes which I don't want to use. I have been suggested to use css to achieve an iframe like situation but wonder if other content can be loaded into it, and I think it can't. So the other option was PHP and using the include or Server Side. I have used both methods in the past to gen content on my sites but unsure of how to achieve or use this in this situation. I don't write php so I don't know how having a php included can solve my problem.

Would love some enlightenment/help with my situation.

Split your design in 2 parts header and footer. Here is nice tutorial:
    http://www.choicetemplates.com/tutor...?name=headfoot
    Free php image upload script
    Personal web developing blog

Comment

uh yeah I freakin know how to use php includeds etc... how in the world does this solve the situation? it does not, having a header and footer php includeds does not replace the function of an iframe. so what the heck?

Comment

Working...
      X