Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to hide variable in PHP

Hi guys, im new to the php world.
    I just created a site www.blabla.com, however, whenever a visitor goes to the next page, it shows something like this
    http://www.blabla.com/help.php?topic...&category=java
    i would like it that those variables not show, and blabla.com stay only.
    Any help would be appreciated... if someone can lead me in the right direction
    Tzzoug

i think the way to do this is to add a form or dropdown box to your site and use the POST method the instead of $_GET['cat_id'] you quite simply use $_POST['cat_id'], you get the idea? however if your using links from websites without using the form, quite simply use $_REQUEST, which will use GET and POST, if coming from a text link from site you have no choice to use GET and the link www.mysite.com/?page_id=3&cat=java, or whatever
    Last edited by rafiki; Sep 26, 2006, 07:38 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

I'd recommend you to leave them as they are. The site will be a l;ot more usable if the user could just copy&paste the correct URL.
      I'm not sure if this was any help, but I hope it didn't make you stupider.

Experience is something you get just after you really need it.
      PHP Installation Guide Feedback welcome.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response guys, but regardless of the fact that its easier for them to keep bookmarks, i rather mask it completely
        Another friend of mine suggested i search for a javascript that would mask the address bar, which might be a more general way or fixing this issue, or else, post will have to be the way to go, yea
        Thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X