Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter Noob needing help changing script from paypal ipn buy now buttons to paypal cart - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noob needing help changing script from paypal ipn buy now buttons to paypal cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob needing help changing script from paypal ipn buy now buttons to paypal cart

I need to change the buy now buttons to the paypal cart. download the full Maian Gallery program. Attached is the php files for the paypal script.
    Attached Files

Are you talking about the button that says:
    "Buy Picture Now"?

You'll have to be more specific on which buttons.
    Perhaps give us a link to your site and describe
    which one's you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by mlseim View Post
      Are you talking about the button that says:
      "Buy Picture Now"?

You'll have to be more specific on which buttons.
      Perhaps give us a link to your site and describe
      which one's you're talking about.
      Ok, sorry. Here is a link to my gallery MRB Photography.
      If you click on a Category other than Samples, you will see a list of thumbnailed images. click on information for one of the pictures. Now you will see a section called Buy Prints. I need to change the prints button from a buy now to a cart.

I hope that helps.

Comment

On your webspace, where the script is stored in directories,
        all of the images that appear are stored in this path:

http://www.mrbphotographyonline.com/...buy_button.gif

If you click that link, you'll see the actual image you want to change.

Now, you'll need to use a photo editor or Microsoft Paint, or something
        to create a new .gif image with your "shopping cart".

You will then use an FTP program (or some online access to your files)
        in order to navigate to the correct location of the images.

1) Create the image you want, or copy it from some other place.
        Have the new image stored on your PC so you can upload it later.

2) The existing image "buy_button.gif" has a pixel size of 175W X 30H.
        Your new image should be the same size. If it's smaller in width, just
        center it in white space in your .gif image. I mention making it the same
        size, because the script might be specifying the dimensions when it displays.
        If it doesn't specify the dimensions, you can make your new image any size.
        You'll have to experiment with that to see what happens.

3) Give your new image the same name: "buy_button.gif"

4) Go to the directory where it's stored (see path above) and re-name the
        existing image so you don't destroy it. Rename it to: "buy_button_old.gif"

5) Now, upload your new image into that directory.

6) View your page and click "refresh" to see the new image on your browser.

Comment

Thats not what I am needing done. I know how to replace the image for the buy button itself. I need the script modified to use paypal's shopping cart feature instead of individual purchases. If you goto the site and click on a image and then select one of the print packages then click on the buy now button, it sends you to paypal to purchase the individual print. But, if a customer wants per-say a 5x7 and a 8x10 print, they have to buy them individually and I would like it to be added to a shopping cart.

Comment

Oh, I see now ...

First, you need to go into PayPal and set up the shopping cart portion,
            so it knows where to return to if the cart is cancelled, or after the
            sale is complete. I don't know if the wording is "continue shopping"?
            There are some options to set up, and you can affect some of the "look"
            in PayPal with background color, to sort of make it look more like your site.

As far as Maian Photo Gallery, I really don't know if you can make it
            work with a "shopping cart". At least without re-writing most of it.
            I've been looking around and see people using the Maian Cart script ...

The Maian Photo Gallery also seems to have a problem displaying the
            thumbnails ... they are not sized proportionately.

In my opinion, I think you would be better off looking for a better, newer
            photo gallery script. I don't know what that would be, but making changes
            to the existing script looks like a lot of work.

EDIT:
            Here's a free script that uses PayPal shopping cart:
            http://gallery.menalto.com/index.php

It looks like you can customize it to blend in seamlessly with an existing site.
            Lots of example sites that are using it.

Last edited by mlseim; Sep 26, 2006, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Well the thing is, I really like this script and I have looked around for over 2 months testing and trying out different ones. this is the easiest one for my customer to use. I am just trying to get it to work with the shopping cart that paypal offers. I would actually be willing to pay someone to help (as long as its not that much, once I get it fixed to accept the cart and get some orders then I can pay more).

Comment

Go to the section of this forum where you ask to hire-out for help.
                I would if I had the time, but I'm booked. There are probably some
                others who would though.

Comment

i will set up an online shop for you, check out your pm inbox?

Comment

Working...
                  X