Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multipage form what next

HI
    I need some advice so far I have what you see below but before it says you have ordered I would like to add other pages for it to save also if a person chooses a certain option I would like it to take them to a certain page to choose other options that are relavent to that option. What would I need to add for it to do this as I am not to sure at all on what I do next.

PHP Code:
    <html><body>
    <?php

if (empty($_POST['item']) || $_POST['item'] == "") {  
            echo 
    "<h4>Test</h4>";
            echo 
    "<form action=\"process1.php\" method=\"post\">"
            echo 
    "CO-LO <input type=\"radio\" name=\"item\" value=\"CO-LO\" size=\"1\">";
            echo 
    "Dedicated <input type=\"radio\" name=\"item\" value=\"Dedicated\" size=\"1\">";
            echo 
    "Managed <input type=\"radio\" name=\"item\" value=\"Managed\" size=\"1\">";        
            echo 
    "<input type=\"submit\" />";
            echo 
    "</form>";
        } else {
            echo 
    "The service you have ordered from us is " $item ".<br />";
            echo 
    "Thank you for ordering from us";
        }

?>
    </body></html>

If you want to side-step the user to e.g. an option list on a different pop-up screen or a dynamic drop down menu op the same scren when he chooses an option op the main form, or you want dynamically update some fields while typing, you can use JavaScript (for dynamic drop-downs or pop-ups) or Ajax (when you want to dynamically get data from the server and display that) for that.

Ronald
    RTFM is an almost extinct art form, it should be subsidized.

Comment

Still a bit lost any samle script? JUst need bit more detail! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ronverdonk View Post
        If you want to side-step the user to e.g. an option list on a different pop-up screen or a dynamic drop down menu op the same scren when he chooses an option op the main form, or you want dynamically update some fields while typing, you can use JavaScript (for dynamic drop-downs or pop-ups) or Ajax (when you want to dynamically get data from the server and display that) for that.

Ronald
        Before submitting any sample, please answer the question on which one of the 2 proposed options you'd like for your form: just generating a drop-down from within your script or dynamically populating the drop-down from the server.

Ronald
        RTFM is an almost extinct art form, it should be subsidized.

Comment

Working...
        X