Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the right chat room

Hi,

am looking for the right chatroom for my site. Below are the requirements I have and am struggling to find the right software package. Suggestions are welcome.

1. Using a MySQL database to store the messages.
    2. Using $_SESSION['username'] to identify the user.
    3. No password required (user has already logged in)
    4. Simple layout with users using the chatroom, message display and a form to enter messages yourself.
    5. Several rooms, a user can only access a specific room (based upon the team he is playing with) and this should be done automatically.

In other words, user that is logged in and playing for team A presses the chat button and ends up in the room for team A. If a user that is logged in and playing for team B presses the chat button, he ends up in the room for team B.

The entire login procedure should be done automatically based upon the variables set for the user.

Thanks,
    twomt.
    Nemesis War
    Online browser based space combat game.
    It's free, it's great, you'll love it.
    Come join us at http://www.nemesiswar.net/

Is that all?

There are 210 php chat scripts at www.hotscripts.com, maybe one of them will provide the source code so you can customize it to your specific needs. I doubt you will find exactly what you're looking for in a boxed script; some aspect of customization will have to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Fumigator View Post
      Is that all?

There are 210 php chat scripts at www.hotscripts.com, maybe one of them will provide the source code so you can customize it to your specific needs. I doubt you will find exactly what you're looking for in a boxed script; some aspect of customization will have to be done.
      And this is my problem, I don't seem to be able to decide which one is the right one for my site.

I don't need all these gadgets, just a plain simple chatroom.
      Nemesis War
      Online browser based space combat game.
      It's free, it's great, you'll love it.
      Come join us at http://www.nemesiswar.net/

Comment

Working...
      X