Need Help! (seriousy beginner)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help! (seriousy beginner)

Ok, now. I really need to learn PHP i've seen alot of tut's cant say i've really learnt them just look at the code and not really read anything else. but i can understand any php script' well most of the time. but i have not got a clue to write them. so what would you people surgest to me?

i'll just tell you what i know (not alot)
    Right i know HTML a bit of CSS. all i know in html is all the simple tag's how to write, how to add a stylesheet to a website

Basic stuff..... as in the past i've wanted to make a mmorpg text based. game. i have a full script' but it's pointless if i dont know how to code. b/c i cant add the database. and there's bug's in it so it would be a waste of time if i used it. i am still seriousy about makeing one. but i need to do simple task's first so i've put that on hold. (has been for the like last 4 month's)

So if you can help me! i would be thank-ful.

Thank's
    ~ Johay

www.php.net

www.google.ca

are always your freinds

or just practice writing the scripts
    Rawli

Comment

Originally posted by RawliJr View Post
      www.php.net

www.google.ca

are always your freinds

or just practice writing the scripts
      The PHP.net i very complicated, i know it give's you a fully understanding of PHP. but you like need to know php before you look at that one.

Comment

Try w3schools.

Comment

If you want to learn the right way, get Build Your Own Database Driven Website Using PHP & MySQL. That is by far the best book for beginners to learn PHP, in my opinion.
          Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade and want lists, album reviews, & more

Comment

wikipedia offer a great php challenge http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Web_Des...PHP_Challenges
            try this

Comment

Originally posted by Fumigator View Post
              Well, now you may think i'm being a bit picky, BUT the "php" on there is quite simple and dosent tell you all the stuff i need to know. in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by johay View Post
                Well, now you may think i'm being a bit picky, BUT the "php" on there is quite simple and dosent tell you all the stuff i need to know. in my view.
                How about telling us a bit more what you want to do, what should the game do... turnbased? time? using a database? What are the actions to be performed? What's the game about?
                Nemesis War
                Online browser based space combat game.
                It's free, it's great, you'll love it.
                Come join us at http://www.nemesiswar.net/

Comment

You complained www.php.net was too technical, that's why I recommended w3schools. www.php.net is the best place to really learn php (other than books as VJ suggests).

Comment

Originally posted by twomt View Post
                    How about telling us a bit more what you want to do, what should the game do... turnbased? time? using a database? What are the actions to be performed? What's the game about?
                    Well, they are database driven normally. to make one you need to know PHP + MySQL

The game is about/is: a gangster theme game. where you start of at rank 1. named: "X" and make your way up to the top rank number: "x" rank name: "x" and to do that you need to performed crime's which you can perform every (certain time limit) same with GTA's and you get to do organized crim's after let's say 8 "hrs" of course there other feature's like drug smuggleing etc....

Comment

Working...
                    X