Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message Box using a php function

Hello,

is there any php function to create a Message Box like the following javascript function does?

Code:
    if(confirm('Are you sure you want to delete tihs record?')) {
    document.write('OK');
    }
    else {
    document.write('NOOO!');
    }
    Of course I want that the value of the click will be returned into a php $variable. Like the 'LogOut' menu in this Forum does.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by nst; Jul 29, 2005, 05:34 AM.

I believe PHP cannot create a Message Box BUT PHP can be used to create JavaScript just as PHP can create HTML...

Comment

You'll have to use a form and then process it with php

What would you like to show?
      CATdude about IE6: "All your box-model are belong to us"

Comment

You'd need it to refresh the page or redirect to another page via a form or something to be able to get what you want done

Comment

Thanks for replying.

What I want to achieve is very common and probably very easy too. For instance, when I click 'Log Out' on the upper right corner of this page a MessageBox comes up asking me if I am positive about my intention.

I checked the source and I found the following:

Code:
          <a href="login.php?do=logout" onclick="return log_out()">
          Log Out
          </a>
          Therefore, I assume there may be a function which interprets the click (Yes|No) in the appropriate manner.

Now that I am rethinking of it, is it maybe a pure javascript thing? But, why then "login.php?do=logout"?

Comment

Code:
            function log_out()
            {
            	return confirm('Are you sure you want to log out?');
            }

<a href="login.php?do=logout" onclick="return log_out()">Log Out</a>
            i've removed everything that doesn't matter. confirm() is a javascript method that pops up and returns true if the user clicks OK and false if the user clicks Cancel. in an <a>, if onclick returns false, the action ends and the link is not followed. i hope this is a good explanation.

Comment

Hi.

It took me some time to realize (being anxious for applying it I did not read you message carefully) that function log_out() was NOT a php function but ... of course a javascript function!

The rest is clear and simple. I tried it succesfully. Thanks to everyone for the help.

Comment

Working...
              X