Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Printing Question

Greetings everyone,

Here is the same basic question phrased 5 ways (variations on a heme)
    which I hope will paint a clear picture of what I am trying to accomplish.
    I wish to thank anyone in advance for their advise/suggestions/solutions.

Version 1: "What technology can be used to allow a web-site visitor to submit
    an 'order' via email (or form?) that will automatically print out at an establishment
    when the email msg is sent?" (The establishment will
    probably not be located where the web site is hosted.)

Version 2: "If an email is sent to a particular address
    (e.g., [email protected]), can the email client
    be programmed to automatically send that email to the printer located at the establishment?"

Version 3: "Can an email be translated to a fax automatically and routed to a fax number?"

Version 4: "Can a 'form' submitted from a web-page be automatically routed to print on a remote printer?"

Version 5: "Can information that has been posted from a Form be translated into a fax message?"

The installation where the printing is to take place could either have a computer/printer or a fax. Whatever is needed to make it work.

Are any of these scenarios possible? Can something like this be done using PHP? Or is there an alternative method that is necessary to make this work.
    If the software doesn't work then I suggest that you call the Support Team... I'm a Developer!

I Like Pizza Alot!,
    Wiz...

Hi

Im no expert on this, but im not sure that sending the request to another server somewhere else would be possible, or safe.

I think this goes with alot of what you have said, if you wanted to do this i think you're looking at more than PHP code here, you would probably need some program installed on the server if it were to possible.

Think about the risks of doing it in php, someone finds out a password or something like that, and you could have several hundred/thousand fax's being sent ect.
    PHP Weekly - A PHP Developers Resource
    PHP 5.1.4 and Ruby on Rails web hosting
    Moderator of PHP and Work offers and Requests
    Install Apache/PHP/MySQL
    (by marek_mar) | TinyPlugin Architecture

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.
      There might not be an acceptable solution after all.
      If the software doesn't work then I suggest that you call the Support Team... I'm a Developer!

I Like Pizza Alot!,
      Wiz...

Comment

dont take what i have said for fact, i am not an expert im just thinking that logically it wouldnt be possible (or possible to do in your situation)
        PHP Weekly - A PHP Developers Resource
        PHP 5.1.4 and Ruby on Rails web hosting
        Moderator of PHP and Work offers and Requests
        Install Apache/PHP/MySQL
        (by marek_mar) | TinyPlugin Architecture

Comment

Working...
        X