Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter Making dynamic page navigation search engine friendly? - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making dynamic page navigation search engine friendly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making dynamic page navigation search engine friendly?

Hey,

i have a navigation structure which links to dynamic pages.
    eg the menu would be like:

Home
    Foo
    Bar

with these linking to:

index.php?c=home
    index.php?c=foo
    index.php?c=bar&items=10

this system in itself works great - however, i would like this to be search engine spider friendly, eg i want google spiders and the like to be able to get to all the pages.
    I had thought about doing this using mod_rewrite so making the links as follows:

/page/home
    /page/foo
    /page/bar/10/

and then using a .htaccess file to point them to the correct page. My question is - will this make it completely spider friendly? if not - what would i need to do to get google spiders to index these dynamically generated pages?

Also, if the mod_rewrite method will work - exactly what do i need to put in the .htaccess to get it to redirect the mock directories to the correct page?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by SpeedFreak; Feb 17, 2004, 12:58 PM.

maybe you put <meta keywords=" on your page? make it dynamic for each page..
    php & asp tutorials - the birthplace - biorust - photoshop and web technologies

Comment

I didnt think google does META tags anymore?
      Dave

Comment

i do have meta info on all pages - the PHP outputs meta info already - its not the actualy indexing im worried about, its the fact that spiders cant follow querystrings like that...

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X