easyphp mail function problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easyphp mail function problem

hi, i was trying to use the built in mail(); function when a person fills some information , that info would be sent to me, the admin. i have easyphp 1.7 but when i try to send a test email appears the following error:
    Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\mywebpage\checkmail.php on line 56

i know there is a file called php.ini that has some default commands but im not sure if i have to edit it? i will apreciate some help here thanks

I think you will need to edit your php.ini

Do a search for mail, and you'll find some lines to do with smtp.

If your mail server does not exist on your localhost, change it to where it is. If you are not hosting a mail server, then set it to what your smtp mail server is (perhaps your isp).

I don't think you have to specify a user/pass, at least I didn't see the parameters.

I think you only have to do this on a windows machine also.

Hope that helps,
    Sadiq.

Comment

im using easyphp which is supposed to have a mail server. in php.ini there are 2 lines of sendmail function:
      [mail function]
      ; For Win32 only.
      SMTP = localhost

; For Win32 only.
      sendmail_from = [email protected]

these are the default code but is not working, does i have to change something in this 2 lines codes???

Comment

This is what easyphp has to say about it:
        http://www.canowhoopass.com/guides/easyphp/setupphp.php

Sadiq.

Comment

thanks now is working

Comment

Working...
          X