Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for developing a math exercises platform

Hello!

I'm developing a website where the user takes a long Math course.

After registering, each user has a level, starting at level 1.

In each level the user has to take a exam with 8-15 math exercises. If he get at least 90% of the questions right (and within a maximum amount of time), his level increses 1 unit, and he can get the next level exam.

The exercises that constitutes each level are fixed and set by me, so I can increase the dificulty of the questions slowly and gradually.

I'm thinking about how to code and structure the platform. Since I'm doing the website on Wordpress, I thought each question could be a Post.
    The challenges are:

-How the system could know the right questions (Posts) that constitutes the current user level

-Some questions would have its unswer written by the user in textbox, other questions a droplist with the options. How could I configure the wright unswer on the very Post?

-Is it a good idea to use Jquery User Interface plugin to create draggable unswer options, so the user would drop his unswer in the unswer container, instead of chosing his unswer in the droplist or type it?

I would love to hear some ideas!

Thank you very much

You already have most of your structure and your answers in your post.
    "I'm developing a website where the user takes a long Math course."
    To me that would rule out using wordpress, but that's me.

"After registering, each user has a level, starting at level 1."
    Tables:
    Users:
    Usr_ID|User_Name|User_Pass|User_LevelID

Levels:
    Level_ID|Level_Title

"The exercises that constitutes each level are fixed and set by me, so I can increase the dificulty of the questions slowly and gradually."
    Exercises:
    Ex_ID|Ex_Question|Ex_Answer|Ex_Options|Ex_LevelID

"In each level the user has to take a exam with 8-15 math exercises. If he get at least 90% of the questions right (and within a maximum amount of time),"
    Total number of questions for exam level should be at least 60 or more and randomly pulled from the excersises table to keep from memorizing them. Questions posted at one time should be preset number per level like 20 or 25. So then levels table changes to something like:
    Levels:
    Level_ID|Level_Title|Level_PullTotalLevel_TLimit

TLimit is how much time you would allow to answer all questions pulled. By loading one question at a time you can timeout the session. if loading all of them at once you can do it by posting a start time to the form and get a finish time once the post array is available to determine if it was done within the time limit.

"thought each question could be a Post..."
    If so then you would add the question id to the form and check answer selected against db entry answer.
    could use radio selection options.

"Some questions would have its unswer written by the user in textbox,"
    Having students writing an answer will mean you need to validate all text areas. Then compare their answers to yours by using keyword or phrase logic.

"-Is it a good idea to use Jquery User Interface"
    Overkill using that serves no purpose whatsoever.

--------------------------------------------
    @admins
    You guys are getting like yahoo running these ads everywhere. Millions aint enough anymore?
    NO Limits!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by c1lonewolf View Post
      You already have most of your structure and your answers in your post.
      "I'm developing a website where the user takes a long Math course."
      To me that would rule out using wordpress, but that's me.

"After registering, each user has a level, starting at level 1."
      Tables:
      Users:
      Usr_ID|User_Name|User_Pass|User_LevelID

Levels:
      Level_ID|Level_Title

"The exercises that constitutes each level are fixed and set by me, so I can increase the dificulty of the questions slowly and gradually."
      Exercises:
      Ex_ID|Ex_Question|Ex_Answer|Ex_Options|Ex_LevelID

"In each level the user has to take a exam with 8-15 math exercises. If he get at least 90% of the questions right (and within a maximum amount of time),"
      Total number of questions for exam level should be at least 60 or more and randomly pulled from the excersises table to keep from memorizing them. Questions posted at one time should be preset number per level like 20 or 25. So then levels table changes to something like:
      Levels:
      Level_ID|Level_Title|Level_PullTotalLevel_TLimit

TLimit is how much time you would allow to answer all questions pulled. By loading one question at a time you can timeout the session. if loading all of them at once you can do it by posting a start time to the form and get a finish time once the post array is available to determine if it was done within the time limit.

"thought each question could be a Post..."
      If so then you would add the question id to the form and check answer selected against db entry answer.
      could use radio selection options.

"Some questions would have its unswer written by the user in textbox,"
      Having students writing an answer will mean you need to validate all text areas. Then compare their answers to yours by using keyword or phrase logic.

"-Is it a good idea to use Jquery User Interface"
      Overkill using that serves no purpose whatsoever.

--------------------------------------------
      @admins
      You guys are getting like yahoo running these ads everywhere. Millions aint enough anymore?
      Thank you! I'll be studying that

Comment

Working...
      X