ereg to preg_match code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ereg to preg_match code

I' m trying to fix PHP Deprecated problem..

Old code:

PHP Code:
    if (ereg(".gif$"$file)) { 
    I changed code as given below, is it correct? else please suggest me corrections.

New Code:

PHP Code:
    if (preg_match("/.gif$/"$file)) { 

. is a special character in regular expressions.
    The computer is always right. The computer is always right. The computer is always right. Take it from someone who has programmed for over ten years: not once has the computational mechanism of the machine malfunctioned.
    André Behrens, NY Times Software Developer

Comment

Like in your previous thread, the regular expression is entirely unnecessary, because PHP has a built-in function to get the extension:
      PHP Code:
      if (pathinfo($filePATHINFO_EXTENSION) == 'gif'
      So rather than blindly converting all ereg_* calls into preg_* calls, you should use your brain and your Google-fu to solve each underlying problem. That's what programming is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques1 View Post
        Like in your previous thread, the regular expression is entirely unnecessary, because PHP has a built-in function to get the extension:
        PHP Code:
        if (pathinfo($filePATHINFO_EXTENSION) == 'gif'
        So rather than blindly converting all ereg_* calls into preg_* calls, you should use your brain and your Google-fu to solve each underlying problem. That's what programming is all about.
        I understood. I also did several searches on Google to get an idea but didn't see better solution. I will explore more in next time. thank you

Comment

Working...
        X