Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter Where do I start in creating a page on my site to upload, convert & download videos? - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I start in creating a page on my site to upload, convert & download videos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I start in creating a page on my site to upload, convert & download videos?

I would like to create a page on my site to be able to upload any video format and (mostly) resize it and/or convert it to another video format. I have seen and read about ffmpeg and have joined their email discussion forum, but am posting here too as I don't know how long it will be before getting an answer.

I have searched around for discussions on this but search results are extremely poor (using DuckDuckgo.com) and am wondering if there is anyone here who can point me in the right direction and/or give me some pointers on what I need to achieve this on a AlmaLinux 64bit VPS server. I have checked the phpinfo for the server and ffmpeg is not installed on it. Not sure about any libraries that may be needed.

I am doing this because just about all the 'free' online services now restrict the file sizes and the amount of videos that can be uploaded and converted from the same IP address. My laptop is not powerful enough to do this (it takes over 24hrs to convert/re-encode a 700MB video file to a different format or to resize it) which is why I want to use the resources of my server. I have quite a few videos to resize and I don't want to buy a brand new laptop to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Working...
X