Problem with system function and zip file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with system function and zip file

Hi i am using Solaris 9 with php and apache. i have a code in which i am using System function to run an Executable, It works fine on my system with current configuration. It is placed in my /var/apache/htdocs directory. Now problem is that when i zip this folder using this command

cd /var/apache

zip -r htdocs.zip htdocs/

It makes a zip file, and if i move old htdocs folder to somewhere else and unzip htdocs.zip to /var/apache, now it runs my application in browser but now my system function is not working. My executable is running fine using command line. Now if i replace this htdocs folder with my old one, it runs my executable using system function.

Is thee any thing which i am getting wrong.

I want this zip file for making an installation package, Also it does not make work on other systems. I have the same installation on other system with same .dtprofile, php.ini and httpd.conf configuration files. Is there any thing i am missing.

Please urgent help is required.

Thanks

-Waqas Habib

have you considered using PHP's built-in ZIP functions rather than calling the ZIP exe?

Comment

Are you extracting the files as a different user than the one that created them? Zip is going to extract the new files as being owned by the current user.

Check with 'ls -lR htdocs' for both copies.

Comment

Working...
      X