PHP autofill textfield from mysql dropdown menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP autofill textfield from mysql dropdown menu

I have a selection menu created with php which is linked to a mysql database.
    Now when I select an item in that menu, I want that from an other column in the same database the email is displayed in a text field. (for example: I select dave in the selection menu, I want his email address to be displayed in the text field.)

The code doesn't seem to work, all I get is a text field with array as text in it and not the email.

Here is the code, please help.
    Code:
    <?php
    	require(HESK_PATH . 'inc/database.inc.php');
    	hesk_dbConnect();
    	$sql = 'SELECT naam FROM `'.$hesk_settings['db_pfix'].'names`';
    	$result = hesk_dbQuery($sql);
    	while ($row=hesk_dbFetchAssoc($result))
    	{
    	    if ($_SESSION['c_name'] == $row['id']) {$selected = ' selected="selected"';}
    	    else {$selected = '';}
    	    echo '<option value="'.$row['id'].'"'.$selected.'>'.$row['naam'].'</option>';
    	}
    	{
    		if( isset ($_POST['naam'])) {
    		}
    	$query = 'SELECT email FROM `'.$hesk_settings['db_pfix'].'names` WHERE email = '' . mysql_real_escape_string( $_POST['naam'] ) . ''';
    	$result = mysql_query( $query ); 
            if( $result !== false ) 
            { 
                if( mysql_num_rows( $result ) == 1 ) 
                { 
    			}
    		}
        ?>
    and here the text field code:
    Code:
    <td width="80%"><input type="text" name="email" size="40" maxlength="50" value="<?php echo stripslashes(hesk_input($_SESSION['c_email']));?>" /></td>

Where is your $_SESSION['c_email'] getting assigned a value? It doesn't appear you are fetching anything from your SELECT email FROM query.

Comment

Working...
    X