digital download problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digital download problem

I set up a website that will sell customised pdf files to people. I plan to sell them using paypal - i didnt think this would be a huge issue as i have seem many scripts that would do this, but i have discovered my suituation is more unique - so i was wondering if anyone could throw out some suggestions for me? either a php script that can do this, or some logic to make this work.

Heres the problem :

I have a file called "pdfserver.php" the user fills in information on a form and submits it to the url, typically this will look something like : pdfserver?i=12.2000&b=233453.22&name=brian

once purchased they will be directed to the url above, and a customised pdf is made, served up to the browser, and sent to their email. However, anybody web savvy, after their first purchase, will be able to see the url adjust the query parameters and create new reports without paying...

I dont want to create a members database unless i have to, the business works on being quick and easy - click, pay the money, get the pdf. Im really stuck on this one, any ideas?

maybe software suggestions i can look at?

how about just send them a randomly generated Unlock Key in that email that they need to enter at the url pdfserver?i=12.2000&b=233453.22&name=brian and that will let them view it.

Comment

i admit to being completly ignorant to that, but i googled it and came up with this software

http://www.codelock.co.nz/codelock_api.htm

think thta will work really well! thanks for the suggestion

Comment

You could also just use POST variables...

Dan
        PHP Tip: If you want to use short tags (<? or <?=$var) then make sure short_open_tag is set to "1". It really helps.

Don't forget to save everyone time and mark your thread as Resolved :)

"Also note that it is your responsibility to die() if necessary."

DON'T USE THE MYSQL_ EXTENSION

Comment

Originally posted by inspireme View Post
          i admit to being completly ignorant to that, but i googled it and came up with this software

http://www.codelock.co.nz/codelock_api.htm

think thta will work really well! thanks for the suggestion
          that wont do anything to keep people out of the PDF files.

Comment

Working...
          X