PHP.ini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP.ini

I'm putting php on another computer and I can't figure out where it's reading php.ini from. Because every time I change a setting in php.ini (in C:\PHP\php.ini) it doesn't take effect.
    If you're reading this, it may already be too late!

How did you setup your server? Did you install php and apache individually or did you use an install program like xampp or easyphp?
    ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

Comment

Ok, I got changes to take effect. But, when I try to restart apache, it says "C:\PHP\ext\php_mysql.dll" could not be found. Why not?

Comment

Answer my questions please (post above). Did you even install mysql? I recommend
        XAMPP
        Its an installer that does all of the work for you so you don't make mistakes.

Comment

I installed mysql. And it said it was started successfully. WHat I want to know is why it can't find that file, php_mysql.dll?

Comment

It actually seems like a bad install of mysql or possibly outdated version. I still recommend what I posted. You are probably causing way to much work for yourself.

Comment

No, listen, it doesn't have anything to do with an install of mysql. I know. This has happened before, but I don't remember what the solution was. The file, "C:\PHP\ext\php_mysql.php" exists, but Apache says it can't find it. That doesn't make any sense.

Comment

if not specified php looks by default for c:\windows\php.ini then c:\PHP\php.ini then in the current working directory... guessing you have a stray php.ini in windows folder ?

and/or you may have to move (or copy) libmysql.dll from the PHP folder to somewhere in your PATH (e.g. c:\windows\system32)

I prefer to stick libmysql and other required dll's in the apache\bin directory which will also work + not affect any previously installed mysql-based applications
                resistance is...

MVC is the current buzz in web application architectures. It comes from event-driven desktop application design and doesn't fit into web application design very well. But luckily nobody really knows what MVC means, so we can call our presentation layer separation mechanism MVC and move on. (Rasmus Lerdorf)

Comment

Yes, it turned out I did have to move that libmysql thing. The message it gave me was very misleading because it wasn't that it couldn't find php_mysql.dll, it was that I had to move libmysql. It didn't say anything about that.

Comment

It's just that some of the php extension dll's are dependant on other dll's which makes it fuzzy...
                    I'm not sure if this was any help, but I hope it didn't make you stupider.

Experience is something you get just after you really need it.
                    PHP Installation Guide Feedback welcome.

Comment

But you'd think with the billions of billions of dollars spent in the computer industry, they could have made it say "C:\windows\system32\libmysql.dll could not be found." You know, since that was what actually couldn't be found.

Comment

I have another question now. I'm using a new hard drive now. Now, when I try to start Apache (actually, test the configuration) it says that "C:/php/php5apache2.dll" could not be found. But that doesn't make any sense because that file does exist.

Comment

So why can't it find it? I don't understand.

Comment

again, its not finding a required dll , probably php5ts.dll , so copy php5ts.dll to either system32 or the apache2/bin/ directory.
                            resistance is...

MVC is the current buzz in web application architectures. It comes from event-driven desktop application design and doesn't fit into web application design very well. But luckily nobody really knows what MVC means, so we can call our presentation layer separation mechanism MVC and move on. (Rasmus Lerdorf)

Comment

Anything else it could be?

Comment

Working...
                              X