Pagination Problems or Whatever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pagination Problems or Whatever

Yeah, hi, I'm having problems with my pagination.... I've never actually had the <html> tag in the pagination, and apparently you're not allowed to use it.

I'd like my Web site to be HTML 4.01 valid but without tags like <html> and <head> it won't be. At least, I don't think.

Can you post any code? If you are able to create the other tags I see no reason why you can't make an <html> tag.
    ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

Comment

Here's the code:
      Code:
      <?
      if($_GET['page'] == "") {
      echo "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
      "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
      <html>
      <head>
      <meta http-equiv=\"content-type\" content=\"text/html; charset=utf-8\">
      <title>ConnorHB.com</title>
      <link rel=\"stylesheet\" href=\"/blog/includes/css/default.css\" type=\"text/css\">
      </head>
      <body>
      <a href=\"?page=portfolio\">Portfolio</a>
      <table align=\"center\" width=\"500\" border=\"0\" cellspacing=\"0\" cellpadding=\"0\">
      <tr>
      <td class=\"container\" valign=\"top\">";
      include('blogger/display_blogs.php');
      echo "</td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      <td>";
      include('includes/php/footer.php');
      echo "</td>
      </tr>
      </table>
      </body>
      </html>";
      } elseif($_GET['page'] == "portfolio") {
      echo "lol";
      }
      ?>
      I don't know what to do with the doctype tag... It has no actual attributes so I thought it'd be fine.

Comment

Yes, coding tables for layouts is stupid, I know. I just wanted it done quickly.

Comment

Hey! Nevermind! I got it to work! Thanks though.

Comment

What was the answer? Did you have to escape the double quotes?
            ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

Comment

Don't let people tell you coding w/ tables is stupid. They are the single best way to achieve cross-browser layout compatability. However, if your goal is getting the content to the most mediums possible, or accessability (font scaling, etc) then css is the way to go.

Anyway, off topic, just dont like people getting all upset at themselves for using tables - you should be far more concerned with how you're abusing php....

Active PHP/MySQL application developer available for immediate work.
              syosoft.com mavieo.com - Remote Web Site Administration Suite - Reseller Ready

Comment

Working...
              X