Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capture screenshot for thumbnail.

Hi,

No idea where to start with this one but here goes....

I want to make a thumbnail of one of my sites, dynamically. When I publish a site to my server, I want to create a thumbanil of it for storage and subsequent use as a button in the cms system.

I reckon that if browershots.org can do it, it must be possible so can any of you please send me in a useful direction. Can it be done in perl? maybe I should use something else like JS? I ask in this forum coz I would prefer to use perl. despite the head banging aspect; I actually enjoy perl.

bazz
    "The day you stop learning is the day you become obsolete"! - my late Dad.

Why do some people say "I don't know for sure"? If they don't know for sure then, they don't know!
    Useful MySQL resource
    Useful MySQL link

Originally posted by bazz View Post
    Hi,

No idea where to start with this one but here goes....

I want to make a thumbnail of one of my sites, dynamically. When I publish a site to my server, I want to create a thumbanil of it for storage and subsequent use as a button in the cms system.

I reckon that if browershots.org can do it, it must be possible so can any of you please send me in a useful direction. Can it be done in perl? maybe I should use something else like JS? I ask in this forum coz I would prefer to use perl. despite the head banging aspect; I actually enjoy perl.

bazz
    webthumb. I try it some time ago, I was not very happy and I give up:

http://www.boutell.com/webthumb/

As far as I know there is no other solution.

Edit: see REQUIREMENTS for reasons

best regards

Comment

Thanks oesxyl.

I read about perlmagick a bit and it may be suitable for when building my own program to do it. we shall see.

bazz
      "The day you stop learning is the day you become obsolete"! - my late Dad.

Why do some people say "I don't know for sure"? If they don't know for sure then, they don't know!
      Useful MySQL resource
      Useful MySQL link

Comment

Originally posted by bazz View Post
        Thanks oesxyl.

I read about perlmagick a bit and it may be suitable for when building my own program to do it. we shall see.

bazz
        you can't take a screenshot using perlmagic you need a render engine or a video device. Perlmagic can be used only for processing and the bigest problem is how you get the page picture.

best regards

Comment

Working...
        X