Invalid Query.. HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid Query.. HELP!

I am using this INSERT, and i see absolutly no problem with it... i need help...

In my script:
    PHP Code:
    mysql_query("INSERT INTO iteminf(name,desc,item_heal,image,useable,type,strength,defence) VALUES ('$name','$desc','$heal','0','$use','$type','$strength','$defence')"$db) or die("Invalid query: " mysql_error()); 
    the Output:

Code:
    Invalid query: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'desc,item_heal,image,useable,type,strength,defence) VALUES ('test','Description'' at line 1

To debug this kind of thing you need to see the query with all the PHP variables expressed as their values. I suggest assigning the query text to a variable (i.e. $query = "INSERT...") and then echoing that variable. If you still can't see the problem then copy/paste the echoed query into an ad-hoc query and run it in there-- you'll probably find the problem that way.

Comment

when i did that, i got the invalid query again, then i took off the or die() thing to see if that would work, and nothing was echoed..

Comment

it may be that mysql dont likes yours table field desc because there is sorting option, try tu qoute it with ` this qoute ( not remember how it is in english)
        Free php image upload script
        Personal web developing blog

Comment

What does this produce?
          PHP Code:
          $query "INSERT INTO iteminf (name,desc,item_heal,image,useable,type,strength,defence)
          VALUES ('
          $name','$desc','$heal','0','$use','$type','$strength','$defence')
          "
          ;

echo 
          'QUERY TEXT:<br />'.$query;

$result mysql_query($query$db);

if (!
          $result) {
              die(
          "Invalid query: " mysql_error()); 

Comment

Fumigator: i got

Code:
            QUERY TEXT:
            INSERT INTO iteminf (name,desc,item_heal,image,useable,type,strength,defence) VALUES ('test','Description','0','0','yes','food','0','0')Invalid query: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'desc,item_heal,image,useable,type,strength,defence) VALUES ('test','Description' at line 1
            Kreoton: You were right, i used description, instead of desc, and it worked.

Thanks to both of you for your help

Comment

Working...
            X