Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with installing DBI

Hi Guys,

I am having a problem installing DBI which I hope someone can help me with.

I have installed MySql in C:/mysql and Perl in C:/Perl and now need to install DBI/DBD.

I found the information I needed in another posting to get the software, download it and upzip it into C:/DBI and C:/DBD respectively.

To install it, I have followed the following instruction (as per the posting and the readme file).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    install method:
    extract the zip file to a specific folder, say "d:\tmp\". then in this folder, run the command "ppm install XXX.ppd", where "XXX" stands for a specific PPM package name. for example, after extract DBI.zip to the folder "d:\tmp\", open a dos box,
    Your_Current_Path> cd d:\tmp\
    d:\tmp> ppm install DBI.ppd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, it is not working. I am getting the message :-

"Error: no suitable installation target found for pakage DBI."

Can anyone tell be what I am doing wrong?

This is the first time I have ever installed a MySql database so I am VERY new to this.

Thanks

I had a problem similar to this when I installed the PERL DBI on my system. Your best bet is to go and download the physicl file, then install from your local drive rather than useing ppms default repositories.

Here's a link that might help...

http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackag...x-builds-only/
    Create accessible online surveys -::- Koobten.com - compare netbook prices and reviews -::- Affordable, reliable hosting for less than $20 per year
    Zend Certified Engineer

Comment

Hi bcarl314,

That is where I got the files from originally.

I am trying to install from my local drive but, being a beginner at this, don't know what you mean by "ppms default repositories".

I download DBI.zip and DBD-mysql.zip (I assume I have the correct ones?!) and unziped them to C:/DBI and C:/DBD.

I then did as the readme file said and ran the following command :-

C:/DBI>ppm install DBI.ppd

That is where I get the error message.

Should I be doing something else or is there another way to do it?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X