Server Wide Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Wide Error

We've recently experienced some servers going down... I've noticed on reboot all php/mysql sites are erroring with the following type of error...

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /var/www/html/shop/includes/functions/database.php on line 19
    Unable to connect to database server!

The network admin says he'll reboot and then voila everything lights up again... Does anyone know what would cause this server wide (multiple domains, multiple php apps) error...

I think our net admin is getting lazy and in stead of fixing it he's just rebooting...

Thanx for any help you can provide.

Pluggin

I've noticed on reboot all php/mysql sites are erroring with the following type of error
    Who's rebooting? You? Ar you running on Linux or Windows? If Linux, make sure mysql is configured to start (checkconfig --list | grep mysql). If it's not, make it so.

On windows, check the services for the same.
    Create accessible online surveys -::- Koobten.com - compare netbook prices and reviews -::- Affordable, reliable hosting for less than $20 per year
    Zend Certified Engineer

Comment

Our network admin hard reboots and then we get the errors, he does a standard reboot and everything lights up again... This is a Linux machine.

Thanx for your help.

Comment

Can you explain what you mean by a "hard reboot" vs. a "standard reboot"?
        Create accessible online surveys -::- Koobten.com - compare netbook prices and reviews -::- Affordable, reliable hosting for less than $20 per year
        Zend Certified Engineer

Comment

Hard Reboot - when then server crashes it runs through it's windows equivalent of scan disk, takes almost an hour... After that he just reboots without the scan disk type of scanning.

Comment

Working...
          X