Searching and Calculating Minimum Years of experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching and Calculating Minimum Years of experience

I was trying to calculate an employees total years of experience and i got the answer here Calculating date difference - CodingForum . Adding to that, i am trying to select all the employees who have minimum experience of 3 years.

I tried something like this
    Code:
    SELECT e.fname, e.lname, e.pan_no FROM employees e INNER JOIN employee_deatils ed ON e.id=ed.eemp_id WHERE (SELECT ROUND(SUM(DATEDIFF( IF(ed.leaving_date is null or ed.leaving_date = '' or ed.leaving_date='0000-00-00', CURRENT_DATE(), ed.leaving_date), ed.joining_date ))/365,0)=3 group by ed.eemp_id)
    But it wont return any result (there is a record which has 3 yrs experience)
    if i do like this
    Code:
    SELECT e.fname, e.lname, ROUND(SUM(DATEDIFF( IF(ed.leaving_date is null or ed.leaving_date = '' or ed.leaving_date='0000-00-00', CURRENT_DATE(), ed.leaving_date), ed.joining_date ))/365,0) AS Diff from employees e INNER JOIN employee_deatils ed ON e.id=ed.eemp_id group by ed.eemp_id
    it returns 2 record with 0 and 3 years.
    Can somebody suggest where exactly i need to compare the data.
    Last edited by Mythri; Mar 3, 2022, 07:17 PM.

Please can some admin move this question under PHP , by mistake i have posted under MySQL

Comment

No, I’ve deliberately moved it here, because this looks like MySQL to me, not like PHP. Besides, there is a redirection link to this thread from the PHP forum, so people will still see it there (for one week).
      Stop solving problems you don’t yet have!

Comment

hey,
        if possible, can someone solve this too, I am new to MySQL and had a similar doubt?

Comment

Working...
        X