How to use java as a backend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use java as a backend?

Yesterday, for the first time, i heard that java can be used as a backend. But i have no idea how it is possible.
    Can any one help me in explaining the concept behind it and what are the components needed for it.
    Thank you !!

What specifically do you mean? A desktop environment or a web environment?
    Java itself is just a language; you can create the backend set up with all the processing in the application. You can then build a front end gui within the same application, or use a different application to generate the front end and link to the 'back end' application using a simple import, RMI, soap services etc etc. There are a number of ways to separate the front from the back end.
    PHP Code:
    header('HTTP/1.1 420 Enhance Your Calm'); 
    Been gone for a few months, and haven't programmed in that long of a time. Meh, I'll wing it ;)

Comment

What is difference in using as a desktop environment and a web environment?
      How can it be used in both?

Comment

Java can be run via a server software such as tomcat, or run infinitely as a service. All that would do is provide you with a means to access it remotely via RMI, SOAP or using JSP in a server side environment. It is literally just an application run on the server and talked to by a remote client.
        Desktop environment by itself would simply be a program that runs solely on your machine. It may or may not be separated into different levels of processing (n-tier, client -> business (backend)). Running on a remote location works the same, just the protocols for communication will change.
        PHP Code:
        header('HTTP/1.1 420 Enhance Your Calm'); 
        Been gone for a few months, and haven't programmed in that long of a time. Meh, I'll wing it ;)

Comment

Working...
        X