• Show
Clear All

• ASP/SQL and iframes...help :(

Hi

I need a little help please.

I have an 2 ASP pages named:

- page_edit.asp
    - keywords_add.asp

Page_edit.asp is the main page and Keywords_add.asp is in an iframe on the page_edit.asp page.

At the moment i have 2 update buttons(these are form submit buttons) one to control the content that is updated on the page_edit.asp page and the other for the keywords_add.asp page in the iframe.

What i would like to do is when the update button is clicked on page_edit.asp that it will also update the keywords_add.asp page in the iframe.

When the keywords section is updated the data is stored in a MSSQL database and when the page_edit.asp is updated that is stored in a Access database.

Is there away to update both pages when one button is clicked?

Many thanks

Joe

Sorry but as far as I'm concerned there isn
    t way to do that!

Regards, Lallo!

P.S. If you find a way please let me know!!!

Comment

I have PM'ed you! There is the answer!!!!

Regards, Lallo!

Comment

Originally posted by Lallo
        I have PM'ed you! There is the answer!!!!

Regards, Lallo!
        You can probably use Javascript to reload the keywords frame onsubmit of the page_edit form. Or something like that.

Lallo - please don't post solutions via PM. It doesn't help the next person who searches the forum with a similar question.

Comment

OK here it is:

when clicking on button in the iframe you should have a javascript with the following code:

parent.window.location.replace("here is the name of the page to be refreshed")

this was for refresign the page that contains the iframe and for refreshing the iframe insert the following:

window.location.reload()

That's all!!!!
          Enjoy the script!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X