This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASP? what is it?

hi there people. i have got quite a bit of knowledge around PHP, mySQL, javascript and HTML, and was wondering what ASP is can do what the above cant (especialy PHP) could someone brief me about that. cheers
    photoshop too expensive? use the GIMP! www.gimp.org

Ultimately, there isn't anything that one server-side language can do that another can't. Each language will do things in its own way; but either can be used to achieve the same end result.

Beyond that, there is no reason to ask such a question without starting a flame-war. We don't need to have another thread where proponents of one language start playing the "my language is better than your language" type of game. "Better/Easier/Faster" is (for the most part) relative, subjective, and unquantifiable -- in other words, it becomes a matter of taste.

OK?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Clark
      "Better/Easier/Faster" is (for the most part) relative, subjective, and unquantifiable -- in other words, it becomes a matter of taste.

OK?
      exactly right.

Like me, I use ASP because I know VB really well so it was pretty easy to start learning ASP because I already knew the core language.
      OracleGuy

Comment

Working...
      X