Whats the current scoop now days on hotlinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the current scoop now days on hotlinking

I was wondering what the current days thought is about hotlinking, do we still block it, do we love it now, do we even care now days lol

For those that dont know what hotlinking is. It basically means that someone is using your image link to their custom address so that it burns your bandwidth not theirs. And we used to send those that did this to bad sites to get them to stop, now we just show a banner that says dont do this.
    Last edited by durangod; Dec 13th, 2019, 08:44 AM.
    If a php file only has php code within it you do not need to use the closing php tag
    A good way to remember objects from arrays is you shoot objects with arrows Example: $name->id; then Arrays are $name['id'];
    durangod is short for durango dave

So im guessing either noone considers this a worthwhile issue anymore, or there is already a solution in place (other than with htaccess) that i am not aware of..
    If a php file only has php code within it you do not need to use the closing php tag
    A good way to remember objects from arrays is you shoot objects with arrows Example: $name->id; then Arrays are $name['id'];

Comment

I guess there is no “we”, it’s each to their own, it depends on how liberal people are to sharing/distribution of their content. Some people don’t want it, some don’t care. Larger image sharing sites usually prevent direct linking because they want to share the images on their own terms (i. e. with advertising or whatever).

I guess this is only really relevant for popular sites but nowadays, as bandwidth isn’t really an issue anymore, those companies probably don’t care except for copyright reasons.
      Stop solving problems you don’t yet have!

Comment

Thanks for the reply VIP, i dont hear people talk about it very much now days, so i wondered...

Comment

Working...
        X