forum competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forum competition

hey guys have any of you seen the oppsition for CodingForum?
    its sitepoint!
    i was bored and started looking for people to help or things to learn and came across this, looks like it doesnt have a scratch on this community :P

I don't think its sitepoint. They are more of an informative type site. We are strictly forums. TBH other forums have all of the stuff this forum doesn't have which makes this forum unique. For example most other forums have sig images. This forum doesn't. Most other forums are decorated with a lot of graphics this forum is simple allowing it to load better. If any other forum was competition to this one I would say it would be www. html forums .com
    This forum is a little more laid back. They are a little uptight.
    ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

Comment

Originally posted by rafiki View Post
      hey guys have any of you seen the oppsition for CodingForum?
      its sitepoint!
      i was bored and started looking for people to help or things to learn and came across this, looks like it doesnt have a scratch on this community :P
      Feel free to join more than a Forum, as each of them has it's unique features. Sooner or later you will keep your membership for no more than 3-4, and this Forum will be certainly one of them.
      KOR
      Offshore programming

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
        Feel free to join more than a Forum, as each of them has it's unique features. Sooner or later you will keep your membership for no more than 3-4, and this Forum will be certainly one of them.
        I currently have one membership and that's this forum. I like the community better.
        "To iterate is human, to recurse divine." -L. Peter Deutsch

Comment

I agree you with you buddy...If you stay with one forum/site you get to build a relationship with the posters.

Mike

Comment

[QUOTE=_Aerospace_Eng_;492946]TBH other forums have all of the stuff this forum doesn't have which makes this forum unique. For example most other forums have sig images. This forum doesn't. Most other forums are decorated with a lot of graphics this forum is simple allowing it to load better. [QUOTE]

some people like that kind of stuff.. i love sig images, as long as they have strict rules on them unlilke clan sites where "the one with the biggest sig image wins"

however its best to stick to very few forums, i'm not as dedicated to this forum as i used to be but i'm certainly not moving anywhere else
            PHP Freelancing!
            ByteForums!
            Scriptlance.comNeed a job done quick? post it on scriptlance! OR! your a programmer? sign up and get paid for these jobs!

Comment

Originally posted by goughy000 View Post
              some people like that kind of stuff.. i love sig images, as long as they have strict rules on them unlilke clan sites where "the one with the biggest sig image wins"

however its best to stick to very few forums, i'm not as dedicated to this forum as i used to be but i'm certainly not moving anywhere else
              oh, c'mon. This Forum (and it is not the only one) is very good because of the people which moderate and admin it and try to help the others. The display is somehow important but secondary, in order to do this job properly. But humans do the main.

You may be a member in different Forums, what is evil in that? Human brains are not sticked together in a single place, u know...
              Last edited by Kor; Oct 27, 2006, 11:18 AM.
              KOR
              Offshore programming

Comment

I'm with kor, i'd still come here even if the colors were brown and pink with swirling new post gifs everywhere...
                -Brando
                Why using tables for eating is stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoe85 View Post
                  I'm with kor, i'd still come here even if the colors were brown and pink with swirling new post gifs everywhere...
                  me too... i was saying that some people look for that in a forum, some people are stupid

not refering to the recent redesign are we
                  PHP Freelancing!
                  ByteForums!
                  Scriptlance.comNeed a job done quick? post it on scriptlance! OR! your a programmer? sign up and get paid for these jobs!

Comment

Working...
                  X