No announcement yet.

Why did you chose your CF screen name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did you chose your CF screen name?

How did you all come up with your CF screenies?
    I came up with mine from the old saying that creativity is 99% perspiration: 1% inspiration. Graft (slang for work) & creative. I hate it now, sounds really pompous to me, but I guess I'm stuck with it!

I just wondered about the ideas behind other people's screen-names: 'Weazel, HarbingerOTV, MindlessLemming, AerospaceEng, Evo, etc.

Just curious....

Gary
    'cna ne1 plz giv cod'

I chose mine because I forgot this would be my handle, and not just my login name. If I would have thought far enough in advance, I'm sure I'd come up with a really cool name, like, um... erh...
    drums | web

Comment

Mine well I am currently majoring in Aerospace Engineering and I think Aero sounds cool.
      ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

Comment

I chose mine because I play the bass guitar and basscyst is way cooler than bassist. It's not because I fish nor am I a fish with a cyst.

Basscyst
        Last edited by Basscyst; Aug 2, 2005, 08:33 PM.
        Helping to build a bigger box. - Adam Matthews

Comment

Jason Karl Davis
          jasonkarldavis.com

Comment

'Nuff said.
            "The first step to confirming there is a bug in someone else's work is confirming there are no bugs in your own."
            June 30, 2001
            author, ES-Membrane project (Github Pages site)
            author, Verbosio prototype XML Editor
            author, JavaScript Developer's Dictionary
            https://alexvincent.us/blog

Comment

Long way (since you made a point to mention me )

HOL: Human Occupied Landfill
              • 1st ed by Todd Shaughnessy, Daniel Thron, Chris Elliott (1993) Dirt Merchant
              • 2nd ed (1994) White Wolf
              • A blackly comedic sci-fi RPG, set on a dismal prison planet. The rulebook is hand-written (!!) and portrays the twisted world of Sodomy Bikers, Wastits, Jumpslugs, and more. The rules are basic attribute + skill + 2d6 vs difficulty, with the attributes being Greymatta, Feets, Nuts, Mouth, and Meat.
              Being a gamer but the 'anit-gamer' of sorts I found this RPG to be funny as all get out. It made fun of everything about the gamer 'sub-type' that I found funny.

There was a charachter in the book that weilded a weapon that could disperse eminse(sp?) pain across the board. But it had the uncanny ability to malfunction at any given time without warning. Kind of like me I guess.

Upon joining my first forum like 4 years ago (only had my own computer that long I guess) I needed a screen name. I thought of this weapon. Harbingerofthevoid it was called. Still made me laugh. Since they could accept all 18 letters I went with it.

When joing other sites some wouldn't allow me to fit all the letters in so I had to shorten it to suit. Thus harbingerOTV. Some sites even HOTV if they are that picky.

I know, not as glamorous as would have assumed but the screen name fits my gaming/living style more than anything I could have come up with. Everythings a combo and it's 'all in" all the time. Granted the 'void' is usually my own but, it was fun getting there.

And I still find it funny how very few people know the word harbinger.
              Stop making things so hard on yourself.
              i is tugbucket :: help raise tugburg :: Whitehaven Kiwanis

Comment

i chose mine coz it rhymes with cake!

man i love the cake
                SteveO

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Vincent
                  'Nuff said.
                  Same here!

Comment

Because SpiritOfGrandeur is to long
                    Note: I do not test code. I just write it off the top of my head. There might be bugs in it! But if any thing I gave you the overall theory of what you need to accomplish. Also there are plenty of other ways to accomplish this same thing. I just gave one example of it. Other ways might be faster and more efficient.

Comment

Well to be honest I don't know why I chose mine, just something I thought of. I think it was something to do with the fact that I was looking into something called HTTP Weazel, which is a tool for ripping websites, lol.

I'm not that bad, not what a "weazel" would act like - sly and devious, haha

Jamie.
                      -Jamie

Comment

Mine certainly doesn't have to do with the database software. I think I might have used an Oracle DB like twice ever, lol. The actual meaning of the word 'oracle' is what I was going for.
                        OracleGuy

Comment

and there was me thinking you were based off a database Kev
                          -Jamie

Comment

Originally posted by Basscyst
                            It's not because I fish nor am I a fish with a cyst.

Basscyst
                            Originally posted by oracleguy
                            Mine certainly doesn't have to do with the database software.
                            BleH! I had both of yours wrong....
                            -Brando
                            Why using tables for eating is stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Palin
                              Same here!
                              And here too
                              I am the luckiest man in the world

Comment

Working...
                              X