"Quote form" warns for no reason?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Quote form" warns for no reason?

When I click the Quote button, the resulting form has a message at the bottom,
    You have selected 2 posts that are not part of this thread. Quote these posts as well, or deselect these posts.
    (Attached a screen shot. )
    What does that mean?
    Attached Files
    Digitalocean Cloud Hosting (Referral link - get $10 free credit) Fameco

You clicked the multi-quote button, the grayish one with a + sign. To quote a post you click the blue one on the left not the one in the middle.
    ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

Comment

No. Just clicking the button under your post also shows the same message.

Comment

Hi,

I could only replicate your issue, when I selected the + sign beneath your OP and that of Aero. then I went to another thread and just used the quote button. The error message displayed as you describe.

Maybe you selected the + sign in earlier threads either by accident or deliberately?

I'm not sure how to find the prev thread to reset the + sign so I expect I may need to end the session.

bazz
        "The day you stop learning is the day you become obsolete"! - my late Dad.

Why do some people say "I don't know for sure"? If they don't know for sure then, they don't know!
        Useful MySQL resource
        Useful MySQL link

Comment

I could only replicate your issue, when I selected the + sign beneath your OP and that of Aero. then I went to another thread and just used the quote button. The error message displayed as you describe.
          Ah.., I think it acts like a "copy to clip board" functionality. A new info to me and much useful.
          Now I can easily quote the posts in a thread in a post of another thread.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X