Friday 13th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday 13th

They call it Triskaidekaphobia - Tell me are you afraid of Friday the 13th. I know some people wont even go out on this day. Tell me what happened to you on the 13th of Friday.

Would love to hear your ideas.

Had a big fight with my girlfriend. Won't blame it on Friday the 13th coz it was all my fault but still .... can't help wondering

Comment

Well, today, Friday 13, I'm writing from the school's computer lab, and Internet Explorer now has tabs! I swear, it didn't have tabs yesterday.
      Dunno if it's IE7(and don't have time to check), since the IE7 I have at home is way different and prettier than what I see rigth now.

EDIT: Wait, I did have some time to check. It's IE 6.0.2900.2180
      Last edited by daniel_g; Oct 13, 2006, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_g View Post
        Well, today, Friday 13, I'm writing from the school's computer lab, and Internet Explorer now has tabs! I swear, it didn't have tabs yesterday.
        Dunno if it's IE7(and don't have time to check), since the IE7 I have at home is way different and prettier than what I see rigth now.

EDIT: Wait, I did have some time to check. It's IE 6.0.2900.2180
        Its probably avant or some other IE shell. IE7 is due out as a major update for xp users sometime this month.

As for me I've missed two classes already, one class I had a quiz in.
        The alarm clocks went off, I just seemed to ignore them.
        ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

Comment

Originally posted by _Aerospace_Eng_ View Post
          As for me I've missed two classes already, one class I had a quiz in.
          The alarm clocks went off, I just seemed to ignore them.
          That's nothing. I missed an interview because my alarm clocks didn't wake me (and my roomies are no help because I'm the one that usually wakes them up!) Oh well.

<p xml:lang="fr">C'est la vie.</p>
          PHP Code:
          $hello file_get_contents('hello.txt'); echo $hello
          hello

Comment

I missed an important item on woot today

"To iterate is human, to recurse divine." -L. Peter Deutsch

Comment

Originally posted by Aradon View Post
              I missed an important item on woot today

Yeah, I missed the random bag of crap as well
              Create accessible online surveys -::- Koobten.com - compare netbook prices and reviews -::- Affordable, reliable hosting for less than $20 per year
              Zend Certified Engineer

Comment

Friday 13th is not a day of bad luck - it's a day of karmic retribution
                "Why bother with accessibility? ... Because deep down you know that the web is attractive to people who aren't exactly like you." - Joe Clark

Comment

It was a double friday the 13th, if you add all the digits in the date up, it equals 13: 1 + 0 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 0 + 0 + 6 = 13
                  OracleGuy

Comment

that explains the crappy day. oh well, it's over now!

Comment

Yeah well .. if you think that's freaky ...

If you convert all the letters in the month, October, into their numeric place in the alphabet: 15 3 20 15 2 5 18

Then you add those numbers together: 78

Then you take the day number of Friday: 6

And divide those two numbers together: 13!!

Woooah
                      "Why bother with accessibility? ... Because deep down you know that the web is attractive to people who aren't exactly like you." - Joe Clark

Comment

Originally posted by brothercake View Post
                        Yeah well .. if you think that's freaky ...

If you convert all the letters in the month, October, into their numeric place in the alphabet: 15 3 20 15 2 5 18

Then you add those numbers together: 78

Then you take the day number of Friday: 6

And divide those two numbers together: 13!!

Woooah
                        See, but that would be for any october friday the 13th! :P

Comment

Im sure that if you'd measure or weigh yourself, change your name into a number in a specific way and multiply all those by a certian logarithm you'd get 13 aswell. You should start to consider suicide.
                          I'm not sure if this was any help, but I hope it didn't make you stupider.

Experience is something you get just after you really need it.
                          PHP Installation Guide Feedback welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by marek_mar View Post
                            Im sure that if you'd measure or weigh yourself, change your name into a number in a specific way and multiply all those by a certian logarithm you'd get 13 aswell. You should start to consider suicide.
                            You're right. Bye CodingForum <3

Comment

Of course - you could make anything appear to signify anything else. It's just superstition - only as true as the faith you invest in it.

Traditionally (iirc) 13 is considered an unlucky number because Judas was the 13th apostle, and it was he who betrayed christ (so goes the story). Friday I don't know about - how did that come to be a subject of superstition?
                              Last edited by brothercake; Oct 16, 2006, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X