JGrasp Playing games on me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JGrasp Playing games on me?

Well, my original question was going to be: Does anyone know the meaning of OD in java?
    I was going to copy and paste a sample of one of the codes provided by my professor, which looks like this:
    Code:
    import java.util.ArrayList; OD
    OD
    public class Sphere { OD
      private double theRadius; OD
    //.....
    Notice the OD at the end of every line.
    But when I copy and paste the code, the OD's on the pasted code are gone!
    Does anyone know if this is something from JGrasp? If so, how could I remove it? I'm having a hard time editing that one code because of all those distractions at the end of every line.

Also, whenever I compile it, I get the Warning: C:\Documents and Settings\boris_g\Desktop\Sphere.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.

So far I suspect the file was maybe created using some other IDE?

I don't know what JGrasp is. But judging from your post and google, it's just another IDE.

If this is the case, then the OD is probably carriage returns. Think of them like ^M 's you see in linux when bringing over a windows file. Or that would be my guess

And the message

Also, whenever I compile it, I get the Warning: C:\Documents and Settings\boris_g\Desktop\Sphere.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
    Happens because your professor is using unchecked and unsafe operations. there is a way to check it by compiling it with a different flag. You can see this flag when you compile manually with just Javac. I can't remember it off hand...granted I'm working off of two hours of sleep.

Hope that helps!
    "To iterate is human, to recurse divine." -L. Peter Deutsch

Comment

You'r rigth, a quick search on google(yes, gotta love google), showed that a carriage return in hex is usually 0D.

I ended up fixing the problem using copy and paste. I copied the entire code into notepad, and from there back to JGrasp. Now the 0D's don't show anymore.

Comment

Working...
      X