what's source code theft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's source code theft?

How do you define source code theft? What is an example of source code theft?

Originally posted by pccoder View Post
    How do you define source code theft? What is an example of source code theft?
    Never Mind, forget my two questions up there. I think I have the answer already. But another one of my question is that ok
    to copy source code from tutorial sites? I don't think that's ok.

Comment

The site will give guidance on copying their code, usually an attribution is all that is required but read their terms carefully and respect their wishes.

You should really be using most code that has been written by others as guidance for your own code whilst you're learning.

Comment

Source theft is copied in whole or in part for his work

Comment

Originally posted by wha View Post
          The site will give guidance on copying their code, usually an attribution is all that is required but read their terms carefully and respect their wishes.

You should really be using most code that has been written by others as guidance for your own code whilst you're learning.
          Understand what your saying there, but where can you find the site terms for wiki OSdev?

Comment

Originally posted by pccoder View Post
            Understand what your saying there, but where can you find the site terms for wiki OSdev?
            Many sites don't specify a specific license for their code. In that case, you start getting into implicit copyright law which can be a pretty deep rabbit hole. Best bet is to take wha's advice and just use the code as a guide to write your own version of the code, rather than copy/pasting it directly from the source.

Comment

Working...
            X