Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter Mouse click to replace the CTRL-Printsc hotkey. - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mouse click to replace the CTRL-Printsc hotkey.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse click to replace the CTRL-Printsc hotkey.

I know there are various options such as macros, batch files, windows scripts and programming languages. I have no idea which is most appropriate for my purpose, which is THE SIMPLEST WAY to activate the mouse as a crosshairs for selecting a region to copy to clipboard - GreenShot will do that if I press CTRL PrntScrn; I want to replace the key pressing with a mouse click. Can I get advice about that from here ?

Simplest way I know of it to just use the Windows Snipping Tool. Click the tool, Click New, select the area to be copied, click on Save to Clipboard.
    Stephen
    Learn Modern JavaScript - http://javascriptexample.net/
    Helping others to solve their computer problem at http://www.felgall.com/

Don't forget to start your JavaScript code with "use strict"; which makes it easier to find errors in your code.

Comment

Snippingtool already tried and found wanting

Originally posted by felgall View Post
      Simplest way I know of it to just use the Windows Snipping Tool. Click the tool, Click New, select the area to be copied, click on Save to Clipboard.
      Simple indeed, but not optimal. The extra click on 'NEW' and then another two clicks on Edit & Copy is what drove me to install Greenshot, which is ready to save to clipboard after pressing CTRL-PrntScn and selecting the desired area. That is a relative reduction of 3 clicks, but at the cost of using a hotkey instead of a mouse click. There are times when I use snips A LOT, and THEN those 3 extra clicks matter. So I want to persevere in trying to optimize snipping, by finding a mouse-click substitute for the hotkey.

Comment

Working...
      X