Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to code to semi automate Windows

I have an account at a website.
    I want to give a freelancer access to the website and let them answer customer queries.

Problem: I can't give access to the website - it would allow them to look at all records and make changes.

Problem: The website has very little to help automate and give access, there are API's, but they're rubbish!

Solution I want: Give a 'middle man' interface, where the freelancer can input information and pass it to my 'middle man'.
    The interface then inputs the information to the browser - typically just a web form. I would have a machine turned on and logged into the website account.
    After inputting, they get a screenshot of the successful submission of the form.

Or, maybe have a VPN connection and allow them to access using that BUT not be allowed to directly interact and control the account.

YES: it does mean having a dedicated machine on all the time and the above solution sounds a bit wacky and not necessary!!!
    It would be a quick solution that I could code easier than working with API's and deciphering what can and can't be done.

Is there ANYTHING out there that would help do what I need?

Thanks.

OM

Originally posted by OM2 View Post
    Problem: I can't give access to the website - it would allow them to look at all records and make changes.
    Not if they only have an account on the help desk script you are running for the purpose. Then they'd only have the level of access in that script that you give to them.

Plenty of different help desk scripts you can buy that would completely avoid all the problems you are imagining.
    Stephen
    Learn Modern JavaScript - http://javascriptexample.net/
    Helping others to solve their computer problem at http://www.felgall.com/

Don't forget to start your JavaScript code with "use strict"; which makes it easier to find errors in your code.

Comment

Working...
    X