Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter Visual C++ 2008 express: Help needed friends :-) - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visual C++ 2008 express: Help needed friends :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual C++ 2008 express: Help needed friends :-)

Hello to all dear friends on CodingForum.

I use Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 express edition to write my C++ programs. I can execute my program on my own PC with C++ Express installed, easily, without any problem, but on other computers I can't execute my EXE file.

The error message says that there's something wrong with the application configurations or something like that.

Will be thankful to your helps friends.
    ActiveX

The exact error would be helpful to assist you with your problem.

Comment

It is because the computer you are trying to run your programs on doesn't have the up to date C++ runtimes needed by your app.

32-bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...d-3802b2af5fc2

64-bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...4-157cfdffee4e
      OracleGuy

Comment

Of course! Definitely those PCs do not have C++ runtimes on them.

I did compile some of my programs with C-Free compiler, but definitely Visual C++ has got a lot more than C-Free to help you create your app. I need to make my program independent from my own PC.

I can directly view information about Visual C++ in both my program object file and .exe file, but there's no track of any plain text information in C-Free .exe file of my program.

Please help. I know I've gotta change the configuration of Visual C++ IDE, but I can't find any special configuration to let me do that.

Will be thankful,
        Thanks so much

Comment

Originally posted by Active X View Post
          I did compile some of my programs with C-Free compiler, but definitely Visual C++ has got a lot more than C-Free to help you create your app. I need to make my program independent from my own PC.

I can directly view information about Visual C++ in both my program object file and .exe file, but there's no track of any plain text information in C-Free .exe file of my program.

Please help. I know I've gotta change the configuration of Visual C++ IDE, but I can't find any special configuration to let me do that.

Will be thankful,
          Thanks so much
          I don't get what you are asking.
          OracleGuy

Comment

I mean, I wanna write and compile my program in Visual C++ IDE. It works on my PC without any problem, but I can't run it on other PCs, because they don't have C++ runtime environment installed on them.

I know that there's some special configuration that allows my program become independent from C++ runtime package, but I can't find it in Visual Studio.

My program runs on my computer with visual studio installed, but my friend's PC can't run my program because it doesn't have Visual studio installed on it, OK ? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Active X View Post
              I mean, I wanna write and compile my program in Visual C++ IDE. It works on my PC without any problem, but I can't run it on other PCs, because they don't have C++ runtime environment installed on them.

I know that there's some special configuration that allows my program become independent from C++ runtime package, but I can't find it in Visual Studio.

My program runs on my computer with visual studio installed, but my friend's PC can't run my program because it doesn't have Visual studio installed on it, OK ? :-)
              Sorry for the delay in the response, this thread must have slipped past me.

Now I get what you are wanting, there are ways to specify which version of the runtimes your program compiles against in Visual Studio using a manifest file.

Also when you send the program to your friend, make sure you send the release version, not the debug version. They use different runtimes and virtually no one that doesn't have a compiler on their system will have the debug runtimes.

An older version is more likely to be found on a random computer however like I said, if your friends just updates their runtimes, you won't have any issues either and they can run release builds of your programs no problem. That would be something a setup program would automatically handle during the install process too btw.
              OracleGuy

Comment

Working...
              X