Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter simple problem needing a simple solution. - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

simple problem needing a simple solution.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple problem needing a simple solution.

I have to regularly access a program wich requires a login name and password to logon (actually i believe i am loging on to a central server) the log on prompt is reached through a shortcut or an executable icon on the desktop. i want to automaticly log on and enter the password simply by activating the icon. is there anyway to do this? can i create a shortcut to the executable that will automaticly enter the relevant login and password in one single click. i know little of programming and scripting,however i believe something like this to be possible can anyone out there explain how to achieve this. I greatly appreciate any assistance you can offer.
    Thankyou.

Maybe you can modify the function your hotkeys do, or even create new hotkeys that will do the job for you, so that for example you could have <Windows>+p for password, and <Windows>+u for username. And actually, you could also simulate the Tab key, and put both password and username on the same hotkey.
    Here is a great tutorial on how to do exactly that:
    http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Tutorial.htm

You will be interested in the part about creating the script, and then just read how to send keystrokes.

Hope it helps.
    Last edited by daniel_g; Sep 30, 2006, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X