xbox live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xbox live

I'm using a crossover cable which goes straight from my computer to the xbox, everythign used to work fine but i think i changed some settings on my ip and stuff a while back, im pretty sure i got back to normal again but now ont he cable it says "limited or no connectivity" and i can no longer connect to xbox live.

I'm all out of ideas!
    Matt Davenport - Freelance Web Developer

Are you using Comcast? or have you gotten a new router or modem?

if the IP 192.168.1.1 is in use, you can't use this crossover cable setup. But post back, maby we can fix it.

Comment

I kept the same router, I was doing port forwarding so I changed my IP to static, then changed it back but now i have to use a static IP or my internet won't work.

For some reason now, if my xbox is plugged into my pc, when i turn on the box; the internet turns off.

Comment

So you have two network cards in your computer and one is connected to your router and the other via a crossover cable is connected to your xbox?

If that is the case, does your router not have switch built into it? If it does, then you could just plug the computer and the xbox directly into the router.
        OracleGuy

Comment

Originally posted by oracleguy View Post
          So you have two network cards in your computer and one is connected to your router and the other via a crossover cable is connected to your xbox?

If that is the case, does your router not have switch built into it? If it does, then you could just plug the computer and the xbox directly into the router.
          my router is wireless so i have one ethernet port in the back of my pc whcihc is where the xbox is connected to, and my pc connects to the router wirelessly via a USB adapter

Comment

Originally posted by tribal maniac View Post
            my router is wireless so i have one ethernet port in the back of my pc whcihc is where the xbox is connected to, and my pc connects to the router wirelessly via a USB adapter
            Have you fiddled with tcp/ip settings?

If you go into cmd and type in ipconfig /all and then go into network settings, and select the local area connection, you can then change the ip to become recognized by the network... also make sure you give ftp access to connect to the internet

Comment

Sounds like the wired ethernet adapter doesn't have an IP address anymore then. Did you double check those settings?
              OracleGuy

Comment

Originally posted by oracleguy View Post
                Sounds like the wired ethernet adapter doesn't have an IP address anymore then. Did you double check those settings?
                yeh i have fiddled about with the tcp/ip settings, ive tried ipconig /all and tried some of the other ip addresses and such but it didnt make a difference.

On my ethernet cable it does say it cannot establish an ip address.. I still haven't got a clue though

Comment

Originally posted by tribalmaniac View Post
                  yeh i have fiddled about with the tcp/ip settings, ive tried ipconig /all and tried some of the other ip addresses and such but it didnt make a difference.

On my ethernet cable it does say it cannot establish an ip address.. I still haven't got a clue though
                  have you also configured your xbox settings?

like if your xbox is on 86.192.1.1 your pc is going to have to be on 86.192.1.2

Comment

Working...
                  X