Boot from CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot from CD

I have just downloaded MandrakeMove, and I can not get it to work.

First I downloaded MandrakeMove from their FTP site and saved it to my hard drive. Then used my cd-burner to create a boot disk(or so I thought). It asked me to insert a bootable floppy drive, so I created one by going to my computer>a drive>format>create MS-DOS start disk. Then continued to burn the cd, by inserting the floppy it asked for then adding the .iso file to the cd. I restart my computer, and when it gets to the boot from cdrom I get:

1. FD 1.44MB System Type-(19)
    Starting...

A:\>

A:\>[little _ to type]

Then it just sits. Is that suppose to happen and what do I type?

eject the floppy disk. try to boot with just the cd.

Comment

There is no floppy in there. Just the cd.

Comment

You sure the iso wasn't bootable to begin with?
        OracleGuy

Comment

I did try burning the iso directly to a CD, but on the boot, it was just ignored.

Comment

Is your BIOS set to boot from your CD ROM? I think they're usually set to check the Floopy 1st then the HD. You may need to change the setting in your BIOS.
            Create accessible online surveys -::- Koobten.com - compare netbook prices and reviews -::- Affordable, reliable hosting for less than $20 per year
            Zend Certified Engineer

Comment

If the BIOS settings do not work, you didnt burn it properly.

Comment

The BOIS settings are CDROM, Floppy, then hard drive. How could I not burn it correctly. Theres only 2 buttons to push. The create boot disk and burn button. What did I do wrong.

Comment

Here is what you most likely did. Your bootable ISO is a separate entity from the burned content is what is sounds like... So to me, sounds like you need to load cdrom drivers...

-sage-
                  HTML & CSS Forum Moderator

"If you don't know what you think you know, then what do you know."
                  R.I.P. Derrick Thomas #58
                  1/1/1967 - 2/8/2000

Comment

which would be on that boot floppy you made.

Comment

You could also try installing using NFS, FTP or HTTP.
                      Create accessible online surveys -::- Koobten.com - compare netbook prices and reviews -::- Affordable, reliable hosting for less than $20 per year
                      Zend Certified Engineer

Comment

Originally posted by Celtboy
                        which would be on that boot floppy you made.
                        So I just put the floppy in to load the drivers, and the cd I burned and it should work?

You could also try installing using NFS, FTP or HTTP.
                        I don't know how to do that. I downloaded it from an FTP site and it said to create a boot disk from it. So I did. Atleast I thought. This is agravating me.

Comment

Working...
                        X