Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Problem!

i have an Athlon XP 2200

I was in my BOIS, and clocked the CPU up to 166mhz, and when i saved an exited. Now it dosnt work. No BOIS comes up, no Windows, nothing.

I have an ECS K7S5A mother board.

Did my CPU die? My Mother board? My video card??

PLEASE HELP!!
    If I'm postin here, I NEED YOUR HELP!!

Just clear the CMOS, usually there is a jumper on the motherboard. If not just pull the battery out. Make sure you unplug the power supply first though. Then start it back up and it should reset everything back to factory defaults.
    OracleGuy

Comment

I've had so many problems with that board. My suggestion is to return it and get a better one, seriously...I've had 2 now...

Comment

Id love to return it, but it was bought a long time ago from who knows where, and i have no money.

I turrned off the power strip it was connected to, and unplugged the battery, and left it out for a good 2 min, just in case.

Not fix. What else can i do!?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Well do you have an extra video card to try? How about some extra memory?

ECS motherboards aren't exactly the highest quality boards either. They are those cheapo Fry's Electronics type boards.
          OracleGuy

Comment

Thanks for the fast replys guys. I am back on my good old computer. THANK GOD!

The jumper right above my battery (jp4) I switched it to 1-2, then back to 2-3, and it reset it. Then i had to figure out how to get Windows XP to start again. So at abuot 2 am, i finaly got it working again.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
            X