Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firefox v slow to open first time

Hi,

I have noticed over the past few days that firefox takes ages to open when I first boot up. literally it takes about 2 minutes when it used to be quite quick.

I am running XP SP3 and with 2.5gb ram. processor is a pentium D 3.40Ghz

Now when running msconfig, I find two files which concern me.

c:\windows\system32\sw20.exe
    c:\windows\system32\sw24.exe

goggling about I seem to glean that they should be deleted. comodo or spybot seem not to find them or certainly don't say they should be removed. what is your opinion? what should I do with them?

And have you any suggestions as to why ff would be so slow on initial boot up?

bazz
    "The day you stop learning is the day you become obsolete"! - my late Dad.

Why do some people say "I don't know for sure"? If they don't know for sure then, they don't know!
    Useful MySQL resource
    Useful MySQL link

The more extensions you install the longer it takes for firefox to load. Try starting Firefox in "safe mode" (not windows safe mode) and see if that helps. As to those files. Download superantispyware and run that. I've run it after spybot and adaware and it was able to find stuff that those programs couldn't.
    ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

Comment

Thanks Aero. That software found 11 things which spybot etc didn't. Still ff is slow to load first time but I shall now try your other suggestion.

bazz
      "The day you stop learning is the day you become obsolete"! - my late Dad.

Why do some people say "I don't know for sure"? If they don't know for sure then, they don't know!
      Useful MySQL resource
      Useful MySQL link

Comment

Working...
      X