Web Analytics Made Easy -
StatCounter Microsoft Outlook constantly prompts for my username/password - CodingForum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Outlook constantly prompts for my username/password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Outlook constantly prompts for my username/password

I can't figure out why outlook keeps asking for my password really. I will open outlook and start downloading and then it will ask. It will do this for about 30 times every day.

Is there some setting that i am missing? Has this happened to anyone else?

using: Windows XP-professional

thanks for any help!
    Generic signature comment!

I've had it come back and prompt me for my username and password for my mail account occasionally. Then it will go away and stop doing it all on its own. I'm using Outlook 2003 SP3 on XP64.
    OracleGuy

Comment

what version of Outlook are you using? I have found that when things like that happen it works well to write down all you outlook connection settings. dump your .nk2 file (this is the cached email addresses that fill in as you type). create a copy of your .pst file just in case. then delete your mail profile from the control panal. and recreate it. it fixes alot of things. usually your .pst will stay but if it did not put it back before you open outlook. restore the .nk2 file and all will be well.

i make it seem easy but rebuilding the profile may save hours of useless troubleshooting.

Comment

Working...
      X