Sitemap Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitemap Question

There are a lot of tools for sitemap generation online. Can somebody tell me if I need to submit a website of more than 500 pages do I need to go for paid versions of xml sitemap generator?

This site allows 3500 and maybe more depending on server load

If you look at the file itself, you'll see that it's fairly straight forward to add new pages to the file which would be a better long term solution.

Comment

Originally posted by hermesinfotech View Post
      There are a lot of tools for sitemap generation online. Can somebody tell me if I need to submit a website of more than 500 pages do I need to go for paid versions of xml sitemap generator?
      That tool generates you 1000 pages. I hope it helps you out
      https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/

Comment

Sitemaps? What is this, 2003?

Jokes aside, FORGET ABOUT THEM. The only reason you might "need" a sitemap is if your site doesn't self-link itself internally properly -- which would mean normal users couldn't get to your content anyways. It's like treating a bullet wound with those tiny useless band-aids that sit in the medicine cabinet for decades.

At best it's a placebo to make you THINK something useful is being done to help your site's SEO. At worst it's a waste of time and effort that if it does anything useful, it means there is something horribly, terrifyingly WRONG with your website.
        "It is amazing what can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit." -- Kelly Johnson
        http://www.cutcodedown.com

Comment

Originally posted by deathshadow View Post
          Sitemaps? What is this, 2003?

Jokes aside, FORGET ABOUT THEM. The only reason you might "need" a sitemap is if your site doesn't self-link itself internally properly -- which would mean normal users couldn't get to your content anyways. It's like treating a bullet wound with those tiny useless band-aids that sit in the medicine cabinet for decades.

At best it's a placebo to make you THINK something useful is being done to help your site's SEO. At worst it's a waste of time and effort that if it does anything useful, it means there is something horribly, terrifyingly WRONG with your website.

I have always wondered about this if your website has a natural flow to all your internal pages surely google would follow them. Essentially what you are saying is this will just help google find orphan pages which means there already a problem because its not linked. I have seen this abused though creating doorway pages and dropping a sitemap on the footer allows all those doorway pages to get crawled without you having spammy links all over your page. Useful if you wnat to spread "link juice" to them.

Its easier noways if you arent using static html alone because of loops, they tend to make internal linking almost automatic with related posts or categories ect ect.

I agree though I have never seen any ranking benefit from a sitemap vs a website that is properly internally linked. BUt with a thousand pages it makes you wonder what content he could possibly have.

Comment

Originally posted by nesir View Post
            I agree though I have never seen any ranking benefit from a sitemap vs a website that is properly internally linked. BUt with a thousand pages it makes you wonder what content he could possibly have.
            Hell, with that many pages it could hurt the rankings on that alone -- you end up competing with yourself. Strange as that sounds, that is something that can happen. It's a trigger that was added to de-rank forum posts and sites like Experts Exchange or stack overflow not always rise to the number one spot.

In fact it was that de-ranking about a decade ago that led to what was -- at the time -- the hot and trendy "Squeeze" page; the Internet equivalent of the "Think Small" VW ad.
            "It is amazing what can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit." -- Kelly Johnson
            http://www.cutcodedown.com

Comment

Hi
              Many websites providing Sitemap but they have limited in numbers.
              If your website have up to 5000 pages or URls then i know a site which spider pages up to 5000
              Here is the Link: https://freesitemapgenerator.com/

But i will suggest you to go for paid version of site map generator if your site have more than 1000 pages, because sites like which i mentioned above is not guaranteed you to do proper spider of your site more than 500 or 1000 pages for free. So go for paid version for better SEO of your site.

Hope this will help you.
              Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by deathshadow View Post
                I disagree. Google still reading a sitemap. robots.txt as well. It's not obsolete. Sitemap's still important, to tell google where to go by first bot trace.

To the thread starter. You don't need a generator (which actually doesn't make any sence)
                Use php instead and create your sitemap dynamically, and sort it different ways every 10 days. But don't go with 1000. Limit it down to 230. Keep the xml as small as possible.

I never ever read PM's unless it's an job offer. So save your time for regular questions in the forum. I never ever take friendship offers. We are not on facebook here.(It's stupid on facebook too). Friendship? Do i know you? Did we ever had a beer together? Thats really stupid. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                X