X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xpath "OR" Question

I have these two working Xpath queries:

Code:
    Competency/CompetencyAttributeList/CompetencyAttribute[Name='ASSET_TYPE_VALUE']/Value

Competency/CompetencyAttributeList[not(CompetencyAttribute/Name='ASSET_TYPE_VALUE')]//parent::*/Code
    I'm certain it's possible to merge them into a single statement using an "OR", but I am unsure what the proper syntax for this should be. The following doesn't work:

Code:
    (Competency/CompetencyAttributeList/CompetencyAttribute[Name='ASSET_TYPE_VALUE']/Value) or (Competency/CompetencyAttributeList[not(CompetencyAttribute/Name='ASSET_TYPE_VALUE')]//parent::*/Code)
    Neither does some variations on this that I've tried. I just started working with Xpath last week, and am floored with how comprehensive it is. Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide.

Solved it!

Took me forever to figure it out, but here's the solution for anyone who's interested. It works fantastically:

Code:
    Competency/CompetencyAttributeList/CompetencyAttribute[Name='ASSET_TYPE_VALUE']/Value|//Competency/CompetencyAttributeList[not(CompetencyAttribute/Name='ASSET_TYPE_VALUE')]//parent::*/Code
    The solution was simply to join the two separate queries with "|//" between them. XPATH RULES!!!

Comment

Working...
    X